Armored glass is for a pending apocalypse and when this happens... just saying.

shaneaus

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy 1500 Z71
Country flag
I'm not worried about mass shootings. The criterion for them to be recorded as such is a bit too lenient IMHO. But, a topic for a different forum.

As a cop for 26 years and a traffic cop for 9 of those I've seen plenty of instances where "bullet proof" glass would have been useful.

I responded to a call in which tire tread left an 18 wheeler tire (opposing inside lane), flattened out, crossed the interstate divider, and speared through the windshield of a vehicle (opposite direction in the inside lane)! The tire tread made it through the windshield and the bottom of the passenger headrest. It would have decapitated a passenger if there had been one!

My patrol vehicle was struck by rocks a couple times that caused major fractures in the glass. Might have been prevented by the CT glass.

I've seen vehicles struck by branches which fell during a storm that just barely penetrated into the vehicle passenger area. And, some much worse.

My personal truck was struck by a bed frame which wasn't properly secured in another vehicle and the windshield shattered enough to spray myself and my girlfriend with glass while doing 70mph on the highway).

So, while I expect that I might NEVER need the "armor glass" I will be very happy to have it!

ThomasG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Subaru Forester
Country flag
A switch to turn off anti-collision stuff so you can drive out of a situation would be nice too.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
A switch to turn off anti-collision stuff so you can drive out of a situation would be nice too.
There were at least 12 mass shootings across the US this weekend.
https://apple.news/A0e7WXLWRSSGyN1lIKGU3OQ

Tesla may need to uprate its Apocalypse Spec for Cybertruck. Thought 12/wk was a lot. Month later 12/weekend mass shootings. Exceptional or the exception you have to notice that its normal now.

UPDATE: https://apple.news/AmFMUMKFDTQeDs_nz03fp3Q
UPDATE: https://apple.news/AUkeERBBsSXK-sUzSB0K-6A

Last edited:

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
All this talk about the armor glass for CT makes mw wonder how long it will be before we can get this armor glass for home windows. Especially for homes in hurricane zones. I know that houses are far from being impenetrable but for most houses, one of the easiest ways in (assuming you don't care about breaking anything) is to break a window or door glass. Seems like between being a theft deterrent and helping when the wind is blowing all sorts of things around, the armor glass could be a real benefit to the housing market. Plus we tend to be seeing more and more security related upgrades in homes (and talk about the home as security castle) so it would make sense that if the cost of armor glass were to come down that it would start getting used in homes (especially high end ones). And then you no longer have to worry about the neighborhood kid's baseball games, local golf course wild hits, or local teen ne're-do-well tossing stones at your daughter's window (as long as he doesn't upgrade to heavy steel bearing I suppose).

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
You can override collision avoidance by pressing on the accelerator and moving the wheel with purpose.

You don't need to 'turn anything off', it assumes the driver adding new inputs knows what they're doing.

-Crissa
Sponsored