Herbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Model 3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I like all this talk about a central area. I am in the St. Louis, MO area, and that will make picking up my CT that much easier.
Shoots! What a great idea. Except, move it half-way west to Kansas City. Elon can knock out the tunnel for the Missouri Hyperloop while the CYBRTRK factory is being built.
Sponsored

TennesseeCyber

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt
Occupation
VP of Operations
Country flag
TENNESSEE!!!!! It’s the best! Music, millennials, no income tax, high tech industries, excellent schools and healthcare in Nashville. Scenic mountains, skilled workforce, no unions... seriously...

Elon, let’s do this!

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
TENNESSEE!!!!! It’s the best! Music, millennials, no income tax, high tech industries, excellent schools and healthcare in Nashville. Scenic mountains, skilled workforce, no unions... seriously...

Elon, let’s do this!
And with FSD I can come to the factory get hammered on whiskey go to the grand ole Opry and still pick up my ACT (awesome cybertruck). I change my vote from western Kentucky to Tennessee for purely selfish reasons.

chphilo

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (reserved), Tundra
Country flag
But will lessen battery life, so... let’s hope not. Lol
I actually hope that it's one of the northern states. Perhaps then they could develop it to better perform in cold weather (e.g., battery, door handle)

Sputter

First Name
Herbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Model 3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I actually hope that it's one of the northern states. Perhaps then they could develop it to better perform in cold weather (e.g., battery, door handle)
Yeah, but as Elon said, he needs a location with a high quality of life; incentives, quality manpower...all in one place. Out in the desert, like Sparks, Nevada sucks big time. The only advantage was the incentives (as another person correctly pointed out.) Elon needed those incentives big time back then. Now, Tesla has some cash to fall back on. I think he can be more picky. Texas makes sense. It depends upon whether the lobbyist for the stealerships will pay the state legislature enough to keep them from NOT offering a big fat inducement to Tesla. I'll bet Elon will never expand Giga Nevada...there will never be enough manpower to manufacture cars.

B17gary

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck tri motor
Occupation
Scientist
Country flag
I suggest Denver, hub for airline, good pool to draw from, several engineering schools in MT, WY, CO. Young town, with forward thinking people. Close to gig factory for batteries.

Sailrider

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S 75D, Toyota Prius, Toyota Tundra, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Oklahoma, no unions, Tesla friendly. Intersection of I-40 & I-35. More importantly, NASA Administrator Birkenstein's home state.

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
Wherever it is, I just want to know if it's worth doing a road trip back to CA from. Save the delivery cash and spend some quality time with my girl and the truck.

Dives2little

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I vote for a foreign country, like New Mexico. Lots of room, not too many people and a cadre of technically proficient workers!
Sponsored