Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
makerspacedude.etsy.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Just ordered as well. Can't wait to get it. Should be a quick shipping trip!
Thank you! I'm getting it processed and shipped out now. Please share your thoughts after getting it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
getsometom

getsometom

Site Sponsor
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
makerspacedude.etsy.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Love it, just ordered one. My CT delivery is set for tomorrow, the anticipation is killing me!
Congrats on your delivery scheduled for tomorrow and thanks for the order! Please let me know what you think of the frame once received.

Wolfgram

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Occupation
CTO
Country flag
Got mine the other day. Love it. However, the included screws and covers (very nice, btw) don’t work… maybe I don’t understand how to use them? The break-thru rubber grommets accommodate the sharp tipped screws from Tesla but can you just push these larger bolts thru as well? Please advise! 🥹

OP
OP
getsometom

getsometom

Site Sponsor
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
makerspacedude.etsy.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Got mine the other day. Love it. However, the included screws and covers (very nice, btw) don’t work… maybe I don’t understand how to use them? The break-thru rubber grommets accommodate the sharp tipped screws from Tesla but can you just push these larger bolts thru as well? Please advise! 🥹
Hey @Wolfgram, thanks for reaching out. In short, the included mounting hardware is completely optional. ;)

The cybertruck plate mount areas only supports screws (included from your CT delivery) not bolts. You can reuse the Tesla screws to mount the frame. I included the bolts for anyone who potentially has a bolt type of custom mounting plate (not included with the cybertruck.)

After rethinking the matter, I've removed the previously included bolts/washers/caps hardware on future orders that most people will not find useful and to avoid similar confusion. Thanks for your feedback!

Last edited:
OP
OP
getsometom

getsometom

Site Sponsor
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
makerspacedude.etsy.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
The Cyberbeast 3 headed beast logo (but will it fit without being too small?) 🤓
I ran a test with the Cyberbeast shape. Similar to my previous test with the graffiti shape, please excuse the dirtiness and black tape over the etched area on this trial test run. This is my test template frame; all final etchings will be cleaned and thoroughly processed in post production if this version of the frame is produced.

I was able to enlarge the Cyberbeast shape to around 1.75 x 0.8 inches, avoiding the curved edges of the frame. I also made the beasts eyes bigger as the original shape's eyes look too small when etched onto a small area. You can see the difference in the attached full frame image (left side is the original beast, right side with enlarged eyes.)

Feel free to provide any feedback.

IMG_6180.jpg

IMG_6179.jpg

OP
OP
getsometom

getsometom

Site Sponsor
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
makerspacedude.etsy.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Hey @Wolfgram, thanks for reaching out. In short, the included mounting hardware is completely optional. ;)

The cybertruck plate mount areas only supports screws (included from your CT delivery) not bolts. You can reuse the Tesla screws to mount the frame. I included the bolts/washers/caps for anyone who potentially has a bolt type of custom mounting plate (not included with the cybertruck.)

After rethinking the matter, I've removed the previously included bolts/washers/caps hardware on future orders that most people will not find useful and to avoid similar confusion. Thanks for your feedback!
@Wolfgram
Here is an update if you decide to use the washer and cap with the Tesla mounting screws.

1. Insert the mounting screw into the "cup" side of the washer.
2. Mount the license plate and frame with the mounting screw into the washer with the "cup" side of the washer facing outward.
3. Snap the cap onto the "cup" side of the washer.

IMG_6181.jpg

IMG_6183.jpg

IMG_6182.jpg

OP
OP
getsometom

getsometom

Site Sponsor
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
makerspacedude.etsy.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Every order from today has been processed and dropped off at the post office. Your new frames are on the way. 🛫

Felt odd being the only person, 10pm at the post office on a weekday but the Cybertruck looked good.

IMG_6184.jpeg

Last edited:

elyliu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck AWD, Model X 90D, Model 3 AWD
Country flag
Every order from today has been processed and dropped off at the post office. Your new frames are on the way. 🛫

Felt odd being the only one 10pm ar the post office on a weekday but the Cybertruck looked good.

IMG_6184.jpeg
It’s ok to admit you really just wanted another excuse to drive the Cybertruck again. :)

I do run a lot more errands now that I have the Cybertruck. ;)

OP
OP
getsometom

getsometom

Site Sponsor
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
makerspacedude.etsy.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
It’s ok to admit you really just wanted another excuse to drive the Cybertruck again. :)

I do run a lot more errands now that I have the Cybertruck. ;)
You’re right, I did really wanted to go for a drive 😅 Sometimes I intentionally go to farther away locations just for the drive.

OP
OP
getsometom

getsometom

Site Sponsor
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
makerspacedude.etsy.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
A few people have asked why the silhouette is “crooked” on the frame.

The angle of the slightly rotated silhouette matches the Cybertruck’s physical lines on the outside. You can also recognize the same slight rotation of the silhouette by Tesla on the squircle or anywhere else the same shape is shown on the truck.

elyliu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck AWD, Model X 90D, Model 3 AWD
Country flag
A few people have asked why the silhouette is “crooked” on the frame.

The angle of the slightly rotated silhouette matches the Cybertruck’s physical lines on the outside. You can also recognize the same slight rotation of the silhouette by Tesla on the squircle or anywhere else the same shape is shown on the truck.
Hm, didn’t realize the logo was crooked all over the car…. But now that you pointed it out, I won’t be able to un-see it. How many degrees tilt is that?

Appreciate your attention to detail…

OP
OP
getsometom

getsometom

Site Sponsor
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
makerspacedude.etsy.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Hm, didn’t realize the logo was crooked all over the car…. But now that you pointed it out, I won’t be able to un-see it. How many degrees tilt is that?

Appreciate your attention to detail…
You bet 👍 I want to ensure you all are getting something that is aesthetically as close to OEM as possible so it fits seamlessly with everything on the CT.

The rotation angle is around 3 degrees. Technically it isn’t a rotation as it’s the actual lines of the Cybertruck but it is much easier to think of it as a rotated triangle.