DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
Geek. :geek:

Remember, they had to match the overlay to speed of the DeLorean! :)
Interestingly, the added weight of movie props on the back of the rear engined DeLorean necessitated a frame extension with casters right behind the rear wheels to alleviate much of the weight to allow the wheels to spin like that. Add the engine sound of a Porsche and you get movie magic. :geek:
Sponsored

Ludus

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Buick SUV
Country flag
For the next exercise, put Doc and Marty inside the CyberTruck, with the Screen used in Time Machine mode.

Back to the Future is the perfect association for CyberTruck. BladeRunner is Arty, Mad Max post Apoc edgy but Marty McFly and Doc definitely buy a CyberTruck in the future to replace the Delorean.

This might also be a fun use of Deep Fakes to insert Doc and Marty Dialog mentioning Tesla and CyberTruck.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Somebody should make a wrap to simulate the Delorean mods!

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
An oldie but a goodie

wtibbit

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes sedan, Corvette coupe, Yukon XL
Occupation
Retired Engineering Program Director
Country flag
I'm curious where you got the top speed of the tri-motor Cybertruck as 130 mph, assuming that's what maxes out means. Top speed is not listed yet for the Cybertruck on the Tesla site. 130 mph would be the lowest-rated top speed of any Tesla. My Model 3 Performance supposedly has a top speed of 162 mph. I personally have never pushed it beyond 150 or so, you know, around town in traffic and all.........
There is some discussion about tires in other threads that may explain the relatively low top speed specs. The bottom line concerns the manufacturers' speed ratings for the CT's installed tire size 285/60 R20 123/120H. AFAIK there are no tires currently available in the 285/60 R20 size with a speed rating greater than S (112 mph) or load index equal to or greater than 121. I assume the tires installed on the CTs we've seen, with an H speed rating and a 123 load rating, were made specifically for the CT. The H speed rating is 130 mph, the same as the highest specified CT top speed. It's possible that the CT's top speed specifications are capped by the performance specifications of available tires, or even, the best specifications that can be achieved - for a reasonable cost - by current tire technology.

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
When you gear a motor for torque, or load, you lose top speed.

I would expect that's the bigger issue than the tires.

-Crissa
Sponsored