Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Air traffic controller
Country flag
Has anyone looked at the Atlis xt? Specs look good but I don’t know anything about them
Sponsored

Gibbed187

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
92 gmc sierra, 06 ram, 17 4-runner
Occupation
GM USA. Design Engineering and PCB Assembly
Country flag
Hmm. I'm curious on the claimed 15 min charging. I'm guessing that is at a super station? But $70k for a slower truck than the CT? To me the features of the Atlis do not justify the price. But they do have a dually which can tow 25k. That's kind of impressive.

OP
OP

Zooman001

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Air traffic controller
Country flag
For most speed isn’t really important in a pickup, the rest is impressive though. It would be cool if the cybertruck could charge that fast. My biggest concern being in canada would be where do you get it fixed??

Gibbed187

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
For most speed isn’t really important in a pickup, the rest is impressive though. It would be cool if the cybertruck could charge that fast. My biggest concern being in canada would be where do you get it fixed??
You take that back! Acceleration speed is very important. Lol. That is a good question about service centers.

Gibbed187

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
I cant tell whether this company is for real or just another vaporware electric truck wannabe. In any case it is interesting to look at what their 15 minute charging claim implies. According to a little video done by their president the charging curve will average 3000 miles per hour and peak at 6000. At 500 Wh/mi (reasonable for a truck and makes the math easy) that's average 1500 and peak 3000 kW which is, note, 4.3 - 8.6 times the 350 kW advertised by the largest EA chargers. It also implies 120 -240A current from a 12.5 kV feeder line! Do they know what 3 MVA transformers cost?

1500 kW is enough to supply 500 houses drawing an average of 3 kW. At 95% efficiency 75 kW - 150 kW of heat would be dissipated. That's 255.9 - 512 kBtu/h, enough to heat 5 - 10 houses.

azjohn

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
Atlis is local to me and I have researched them. They had an address listed on the older startup page and was the CEO's house. They have less than $1 mm of invested money which is no where what you need to bring a vehicle to production. I would love to see them be successful but IMO they are vaporware. I do have a reservation ( they are free)

Gibbed187

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I cant tell whether this company is for real or just another vaporware electric truck wannabe. In any case it is interesting to look at what their 15 minute charging claim implies. According to a little video done by their president the charging curve will average 3000 miles per hour and peak at 6000. At 500 Wh/mi (reasonable for a truck and makes the math easy) that's average 1500 and peak 3000 kW which is, note, 4.3 - 8.6 times the 350 kW advertised by the largest EA chargers. It also implies 120 -240A current from a 12.5 kV feeder line! Do they know what 3 MVA transformers cost?

1500 kW is enough to supply 500 houses drawing an average of 3 kW. At 95% efficiency 75 kW - 150 kW of heat would be dissipated. That's 255.9 - 512 kBtu/h, enough to heat 5 - 10 houses.
Holly crap
Sponsored