Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
In another thread there is talk about the Cybertruck being sent to Mars.

So if the cybertruck is supposed to work on Mars... what kind of low temperatures is the battery pack going to have to endure? I’m guessing the temperatures on Mars will put any cold winter in North America to shame.

If it is functional on Mars, I’d think the cold weather people here should have no problem. Not sure how the temperatures in the battery pack will be controlled but if it works on Mars I’m going to feel pretty safe with it here on earth.
Sponsored

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
We have a couple years of experience with batteries on Mars... Which is why the latest one uses a RTG for heat and electrical generation. Even a small RTG with the right batteries & capacitors along with insulation could make for a very interesting power source... and with the ability of Tesla to move heat around very efficiently and productively, I think Tesla (and SpaceX) could make very good use of the 'waste' heat from an RTG to keep batteries, electronics, and other components in an operation range, even during cold Martian atmosphere...

Just my opinion though.

RTG -> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radioisotope_thermoelectric_generator

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
In another thread there is talk about the Cybertruck being sent to Mars.

So if the cybertruck is supposed to work on Mars... what kind of low temperatures is the battery pack going to have to endure? I’m guessing the temperatures on Mars will put any cold winter in North America to shame.

If it is functional on Mars, I’d think the cold weather people here should have no problem. Not sure how the temperatures in the battery pack will be controlled but if it works on Mars I’m going to feel pretty safe with it here on earth.
Yes but it's a dry cold. ?
By which I mean that minimal insulation and a small addition of heat to a device on mars will remain warmer far longer than it will on earth. The average -81f Mars day feels like a 34f day in New York.
Sponsored

Last edited: