Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model Y and confirmed CyberTruck Dusl Motor
Occupation
RN
Country flag
Same happened to me. No VIN, got a call on a Wednesday saying my CT was on site ready for delivery. Picked up that Saturday.
Just seems non technical and low service IQ right?

Carmino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Cybertruck Foundation AWD
Just seems non technical and low service IQ right?

Honestly part of me wondered if I got a rejected CT. It was a very pleasant surprise but took a lot of effort to arrange delivery since I was out of state.

OP
OP
SamRN007

SamRN007

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
RN
Country flag
that's wild. did the vin show up in your app after the phone call? Hope you get it soon and enjoy!
Yes
Delivery Saturday but it’s $100K item right… she had a “take it or someone else will” attitude

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
I’ve been trying to track my progress via the app for CT delivery. They never told me I had a VIN or that it was even in process. I selected Stockton for delivery, got a phone call (no email/no app message) and they have my CT at Dublin, CA. It’s Wed 3/6 and I Asked how long I had, they said no later than Sunday 3/10 and if I didn’t make a time, I would surrender my truck and spot in line.
Nothing like 3 days to plan a $100K decision. PS 2021 model Y dual motor long range w FSD for sale.
This is how our first Model 3 delivery went (2018, vin 32XXX).

Got off the plane in Boston, and they wanted me take delivery by end of week in Santa Barbara. 15 minute breaks between meetings getting the loan secured (3 months early). Got them to let us get it on a Saturday.

Hoped they figured that out by now.....

Wraven

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundations CyberBeast, M3P, MYP
Country flag
Yes
Delivery Saturday but it’s $100K item right… she had a “take it or someone else will” attitude
Then there are those of us that are perfectly ready to purchase the thing we put money down on and asked to buy and yet don't have the options you do right now. :) Perspectives...

OP
OP
SamRN007

SamRN007

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
RN
Country flag
This is how our first Model 3 delivery went (2018, vin 32XXX).

Got off the plane in Boston, and they wanted me take delivery by end of week in Santa Barbara. 15 minute breaks between meetings getting the loan secured (3 months early). Got them to let us get it on a Saturday.

Hoped they figured that out by now.....
Nope… it’s hard being in a cult …. Service is less than amazing… product… amazing, service …. Lexus has the best

OP
OP
SamRN007

SamRN007

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
RN
Country flag
Then there are those of us that are perfectly ready to purchase the thing we put money down on and asked to buy and yet don't have the options you do right now. :) Perspectives...
Lol. Right…. Really just posting to give people a heads up to avoid surprises and/or avoid getting dropped cause your not 100% ready in 3 days notice

NoMoGas

First Name
Deanna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P85, P85+, 3, Cybertruck AWD Foundation Series
Occupation
SpaceX Avionics Engineer
Country flag
I’ve been trying to track my progress via the app for CT delivery. They never told me I had a VIN or that it was even in process. I selected Stockton for delivery, got a phone call (no email/no app message) and they have my CT at Dublin, CA. It’s Wed 3/6 and I Asked how long I had, they said no later than Sunday 3/10 and if I didn’t make a time, I would surrender my truck and spot in line.
Nothing like 3 days to plan a $100K decision. PS 2021 model Y dual motor long range w FSD for sale.
I am pretty sure your contract gives you 14 days

OP
OP
SamRN007

SamRN007

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
RN
Country flag
I am pretty sure your contract gives you 14 days
Just looked at agreement
It says I agree to take delivery within 3 days of notification
The 14 day item you describe is prefaced around them being allowed to cancel your order if everything isn’t completed in time. Seems ambiguous sine the 3 days seems to be the primary time frame they place on delivery

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
Yeah this is the thing. If the order isn't the most important piece of your life right now, they will pass the truck to the next person. You have to be able to pick it up within 3 days of any random point in time in the future. They will provide no ETA, and then you need to be ready somewhere between 0 and 30 days of vin assignment.

If they need you to come at a bad time, they will pass the trick and put you in the list for another VIN later, but there's no way to know that you can go on vacation, travel for work, etc. They want you sitting at your house, with money ready, on standby, for as long as it takes to get the truck.

Absolute clownshow. No other manufacturer would give you so little information for so long and then expect you to be there in zero time.
Sponsored