Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
I am seeing a high number of Canadian people on here. We do not have a region forum yet so I am starting a location thread. Who is from Canada, what province and what is it about the CT that got you interested?

I live in Saskatchewan, and I got interested in the CT because of the range. There is not much charging infrastructure around me. So when I saw 500 miles/800 km range I wanted it. The rest of the CT is icing on the cake, or lack there of “ice”ing. I have loved electric vehicles for years and have wanted to convert a Jeep to an EV since I was 12. The torque and quiet on the trail would be great. I am excited about being able to haul my work clothing in the Frunk, and not have to empty it every time I go on a family trip. The space for my family in the cab is going to be great. The vault will get some use for work and will likely be filled on weekends with yard stuff, great finds from sales and wood for the wood stove. I am so excited to join an EV club here too.
Sponsored

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
La Belle Province but only when the weather is belle. Mrs. was born in Montreal and spent summers in the Eastern Townships as a child. After I retired she agitated vigorously for a summer "cottage" on Lake Memprhemagog. We all know the happy wife/happy life formula and so we started spending summers there.

As we were pulling out to head south fall 2018 I noticed my neighbor had a "Tesla Parking Only" sign on his fence which I hadn't seen before and thought an electric car might be cool (retired electrical engineer) but dismissed it as I didn't think it would be possible to drive one between Virginia and the lake because I though they wouldn't go farther than 100 miles. So I put it out of my mind but it popped back again that December and as I live only 4 miles from a showroom I figured I'd go over for a test drive which I did. At the conclusion I asked if we had to go back into the store or could I just write the check in the parking lot.

So I've driven the X for a bit over a year and fuss over it obsessively, My Toyota SR5 is getting old and decrepit. What do you think I'm going to do when something like the CT comes along?

keyhere

First Name
Key
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Civic, KLX250S
Occupation
EE
Country flag
All the way on the east coast.

Have wanted a truck for the winters and being able to move around my motorcycle/large items. My family always had a truck growing up and its so useful, but I haven't been able to justify switching with the base cost and the fuel costs of a truck being so high. Also have wanted an EV since I saw the first Model S on sale. The CT's capabilities are fantastic, good range, high ground clearance, lots of storage.

Its kinda all coming together with being able to afford a new vehicle and finally having the option of an EV truck on the market.
Sponsored