Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Medical Business Owner
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck Confession: Stole @Greggertruck's Name! IMG_4667

Friends,

I have to come to you with a confession. @greggertruck's name for his CT was too good for me not to copy. "Truck Norris." I mean, after all, it's badass, invincible, the pride of Texas (even though he's from OK), and gives you that same steely-eyed look if you can even survive looking it straight in the eye. So, thank you Gregg, for coming up with such a fantastic name. And sorry.

After waiting over four years like most of you on here, I FINALLY took delivery of Truck Norris on Tuesday, 4/23 in Austin. And I will say without a doubt, it was well worth the wait. This thing is unreal. The most pleasure I've had driving.

LOVES:
-Turns like you can't believe. The videos don't do it justice. Even riding in it doesn't do justice. You've got to sit behind the squoval and take it through its paces yourself. The steer by wire with the 4 wheel steering is just absolutely unreal.
-Fit and Finish: I was honestly expecting there to be issues with some panel gaps, etc. But honestly, it was perfect. And runs like a dream.
-SMOOTH ride. And quiet.
-Killer audio
-Absolutely iconic look. Just so freaking cool.
-Tesla tech. Second to none.

Hates:
-Where the hell is my FSD already?
-The blinker location and functionality is annoying. Yes, I get it's geared to a future where FSD is handling it all, but still.
-Phone chargers are trash. I have a new iPhone. Charges just fine on everything else. With this, it barely gains 1% an hour, and often overheats. Come on Tesla.
-SIX SEATER!!!!! I knew they had slashed it down to a 5 seater, and yet I bought it anyway. But man, I have a family of 6, so now we either have to figure out a car seat that sits 4 across in the back, or we've got to take the damned mini van when everyone is in tow. They had plenty of space to keep that original center front seat with the flip down console. I'm HOPING somebody smart comes up with a way to retrofit one.

Overall, I am so freaking happy with this thing. It's just an unbelievable driving experience. And our delivery experience was great too.....very smooth.

Was a minute 3 reservation when they announced it in 2019, and like many of you, have been pining over it ever since. Following every little morsel of info we could find. Was very disgruntled to NOT get the invite to spec in those early Dec waves. Finally got mine early Feb and ordered. Got my VIN right around my son's birthday April 18, then got my delivery notice on my birthday April 20! Flew with him to Austin and picked it up April 23. Then drove it back to CA over a couple of days. Tons of fun!!

Reservation RN11274XXXX
AWD Foundation Series
2/06/2024 - Order Date
4/18/2024 - Vin Assigned
4/20/2024- Delivery notification
4/23/2024- DELIVERY
Delivery Location- Austin, Pond Springs
Registered State: TX
Garage State: CA (we have a business in TX, but using it out here a lot)

Thank you all for the time and energy you've put in to this forum so we could learn from each other. It's truly been helpful. And for those who are still waiting, your time is coming soon. And you're going to love it! Just hang in there.

Tesla Cybertruck Confession: Stole @Greggertruck's Name! IMG_4547
Tesla Cybertruck Confession: Stole @Greggertruck's Name! IMG_4557
Tesla Cybertruck Confession: Stole @Greggertruck's Name! IMG_4589
Tesla Cybertruck Confession: Stole @Greggertruck's Name! IMG_4606
Tesla Cybertruck Confession: Stole @Greggertruck's Name! IMG_4673
Sponsored

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Buddy, you can HAVE the name! I'm all about sharing 🍻

I also nicknamed my truck King Kong with the black wrap!

I hope you are really enjoying the Cybertruck, man. What did you drive before?

OP
OP
batlag

batlag

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Medical Business Owner
Country flag
Buddy, you can HAVE the name! I'm all about sharing 🍻

I also nicknamed my truck King Kong with the black wrap!

I hope you are really enjoying the Cybertruck, man. What did you drive before?
Haha I appreciate it!

2022 Chevy Silverado RST Z71. Though nice, just doesn’t even touch this. Never owned a Tesla previously, but have driven them a lot and always been a big fan.

And that’s funny, I’ve been thinking a matte black wrap all along. But now my wife’s loving it so it may end up matte hot pink! Haha. What wrap did you end up going with?

cybertruckwaldo

First Name
Willie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD FS
Country flag
Do you have a picture of the original six seater? I do not remember that.

Nvmd found it! I totally forgot about that and now I am depressed they dropped it.

Tesla Cybertruck Confession: Stole @Greggertruck's Name! Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 6.10.53 PM

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Haha I appreciate it!

2022 Chevy Silverado RST Z71. Though nice, just doesn’t even touch this. Never owned a Tesla previously, but have driven them a lot and always been a big fan.

And that’s funny, I’ve been thinking a matte black wrap all along. But now my wife’s loving it so it may end up matte hot pink! Haha. What wrap did you end up going with?
So good to hear a fellow previous truck owner loving it! Matte black ppf, i don't recall the brand! Dynamic Tint in Tempe, AZ did it!

OP
OP
batlag

batlag

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Medical Business Owner
Country flag
Do you have a picture of the original six seater? I do not remember that.

Nvmd found it! I totally forgot about that and now I am depressed they dropped it.

Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 6.10.53 PM.png
Yeah, their website even said up until THIS NOVEMBER that it was a 6 seater. Bummed! We'll adapt though, but if someone can come up with a solution, that would be superb.

L3it3R

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Model 3 Performance FSD, '21 Model Y LR FSD&AB
Occupation
Cybersecurity/Software/Sales/etc.
Country flag
Having seen the prototype in person, it was MUCH wider than the production model is - makes sense that they dropped the 6th seat

Nobell32

First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberBeast Foundation
Country flag
Agree on the 6 seater it’s a real bummer that they dropped it. My guess is it may come back with the more utilitarian 2WD.

OP
OP
batlag

batlag

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Medical Business Owner
Country flag
Having seen the prototype in person, it was MUCH wider than the production model is - makes sense that they dropped the 6th seat
Except three adults fit just fine in the back. So 3 should be able to fit fine in the front then, right? Or at least 2 adults and one kid? That’s my thinking on it at least.

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
My understanding is the screen complicates the airbag deployment for protecting a middle front passenger.
Sponsored