First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, 2020 Model Y
Country flag
Update: confirmed with photos!

Tesla Cybertruck Confirmed: Cybertruck in Bethesda Maryland starting 11/25 (@ Westfield Montgomery Mall store) img_4933-jpe

Tesla Cybertruck Confirmed: Cybertruck in Bethesda Maryland starting 11/25 (@ Westfield Montgomery Mall store) IMG_4934

Anyone who lives close to Bethesda MD, can anyone check tomorrow before I make the 2 hour drive? Also, is the Tesla store is open on Sundays? My daughter's birthday tomorrow. I don't think my wife will let me go drive down lol.

Thank you!
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Macgreiner

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3 (sold), S70D(sold), R1200RT, LR3, P3D
Country flag
My kids were in the showroom today and it there was no sign of it. I'll post back here if they head back there tomorrow.

OP
OP
Balthezor

Balthezor

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, 2020 Model Y
Country flag
My kids were in the showroom today and it there was no sign of it. I'll post back here if they head back there tomorrow.
Please tell them to go back there tomorrow lol

Macgreiner

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3 (sold), S70D(sold), R1200RT, LR3, P3D
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck Confirmed: Cybertruck in Bethesda Maryland starting 11/25 (@ Westfield Montgomery Mall store) IMG_4933

Halloween

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP and M3P
Occupation
Pharmacist
Country flag

img_4933-jpeg.jpg

IMG_4934.jpeg

Anyone who lives close to Bethesda MD, can anyone check tomorrow before I make the 2 hour drive? Also, is the Tesla store is open on Sundays? My daughter's birthday tomorrow. I don't think my wife will let me go drive down lol.

Thank you!

Nursedanakay

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3, MX CT res
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag

img_4933-jpeg.jpg

IMG_4934.jpeg

Thank you!
Confirmed!!! đź‘Ť

Tesla Cybertruck Confirmed: Cybertruck in Bethesda Maryland starting 11/25 (@ Westfield Montgomery Mall store) IMG_9270

Tesla Cybertruck Confirmed: Cybertruck in Bethesda Maryland starting 11/25 (@ Westfield Montgomery Mall store) IMG_9262

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
I have a day one order, and I've been hanging around this forum for the past 2-3 years, this is my take. I just got back from Bethesda to finally see it. And maybe I'm a bit partial... but, I don't think so.

Tesla Cybertruck Confirmed: Cybertruck in Bethesda Maryland starting 11/25 (@ Westfield Montgomery Mall store) 4709fd17-1139-4368-a418-f8295937df30

Well...This thing is fkn SHOCKING in person. Absolutely JARRING.
It does not in anyway look like a truck that I, or a regular Jane/John Doe, should be able to freely buy. And, to think it's going to be a common sight in a few years— pfft . . . It simply renders other trucks limp.

This gives off the vibe of a movie prop. It looks like it could be the next Batmobile.
It's so out there in person. . . it looks like a straight up concept car.

Until the world gets used to seeing it, this is going to be a big fat rolling disruption everywhere it goes. No question. And, I can't overstate this, it is a knock-out.

If you have any fear that it visually may not live up to the hype. . . Put that shit to bed.

The CT presents a misleading appearance. Although it seems elongated, it's actually shorter than it appears. Based on my estimation, its length is less than 19 floor tiles. Given that I wear a size 14 shoe, which I used for reference, the tiles are likely about 1 foot in width. This observation lends credibility to the leak suggesting a length of 223 inches. The truck's design, with its unique proportions and lines, creates an optical illusion of greater length. However, upon closer examination and counting the tiles, it becomes clear that its length is indeed under 19 feet. Unfortunately, I was unable to confirm this with a tape measure, despite my attempts.

The floor guy watching the crowd earned his pay. He was really cool and put up with person after person asking "how much?". I got him to show me the keycard and the VIN ended in 01218.

The delivery truck that dropped this one off had 2 more CTs on it. One was dropped off in Baltimore. A birdy may have mentioned/suggested/heard that Philly was getting the third CT. My guess... King of Prussia Mall? Putting on my CPT Obvious hat, these are getting dropped off at Tesla shops in busy malls just so holiday shoppers will see it. Great marketing.

To close out my take. If this ramps without excessive problems, it's ballgame for the others. Tesla will sell every CT they make for years. An F150/Rivian/Silverado next to this may as well be invisible. Anyone who thinks the CT is too crazy and won't sell doesn't have a clue. Sure—This is technically a pickup truck, and it will surely be used as such. But, after seeing it in person, it is far FAR beyond a pickup truck. This is a wildly different thing on sight, and "pickup truck" doesn't cover it. And, if it doesn't connect with the deep end of the "work" truck crowd, I don't think it'll matter.

Tesla Cybertruck Confirmed: Cybertruck in Bethesda Maryland starting 11/25 (@ Westfield Montgomery Mall store) 4a9cb55e-7e98-4234-bbef-acb235256342

Currently, there is a common perception that the CT is another variant of a pickup. However, this view is about to change for sure. After the delivery celebration the CT will be recognized and just referred to by its own name, much like how "iPhone" is to "Android" in the smartphone world. "cybertruck" = "pickup" but "pickup" ≠ "cybertruck" . Things are gonna change next week.

Also, the sign said "exoskeleton" instead of "exosekleton". That was pure dissapointment.
Sponsored

Last edited: