JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
My spouse is a VR software engineer. I have a pile of VR tracking systems. They are not large, and don't care about other objects moving in the room.

Large or reflective rooms complicate things, but inside-out tracking is getting very good and we're going to see it on drones soon.

Drones that can carry pro cameras can easily carry trackers.

-Crissa
And I'm a quadplane autopilot and evtol developer that uses CV for SAR? My great grand dad however...

So the point is that video was taken on a small frame fpv drone, not a large camera platform, where it won't fit on.

I don't have a problem with CV being useful on a quad, I just have extensive experience what the easiest way to do things is using them...since 1991.

Btw the VR thing explains a lot. Lol ?
Sponsored

Gordon E Peterson II

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
currently 2000 Chrysler Town & Country minivan
Occupation
retired computer programmer and consultant
Country flag
If you look at the comments on the Youtube video, you'll see:

Tesla Cybertruck Cool drone flythrough of Giga Berlin! 5KGwp4yWsWNikyPdI6J0H__C=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-r

TfourJ FPV
5 days ago
It was filmed/flown by Skynamic(Ferdinand Wolf)

Tesla Cybertruck Cool drone flythrough of Giga Berlin! H40pYsCBXG4tqswAYD_qB7BQ=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-r

Ferdinand Wolf
5 days ago
Thanks. Yes, this was flown by me with Skynamic. I used various cinewhoops and 5“ drones. Unfortunately this version just got filmed of a screen on the factory opening. There will be a better quality official version from Tesla.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
H40pYsCBXG4tqswAYD_qB7BQ=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Ferdinand Wolf
5 days ago
Thanks. Yes, this was flown by me with Skynamic. I used various cinewhoops and 5“ drones.
So a selection of little cute 5" quads. Nice! I fly them in my home and workshop, the smallest I have is a 1.75" with a crappy embedded camera.

Not much space on them, will only run a 35mm FC and ESC stack.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Definitely no off the shelf trackers that a microdrone like that will carry, tho it's technically possible to build them. Back in 2014 there were a bunch of megaswarms at burning man like that.

-Crissa

Gordon E Peterson II

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
currently 2000 Chrysler Town & Country minivan
Occupation
retired computer programmer and consultant
Country flag
Definitely no off the shelf trackers that a microdrone like that will carry, tho it's technically possible to build them. Back in 2014 there were a bunch of megaswarms at burning man like that.

-Crissa
I'm not sure what kind of drones they use here, but on Symphony of the Seas they use a big swarm of drones over the ice skating rink at their wonderful show in "Studio B"...
Sponsored