cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
In the case of Lucid, it does make sense framing it as a single year. Because it is solely based on stock performance at one point in time, not even a single year. No long term company related goals attached
How’s that?

Wasn’t it largely a market cap trigger.

Where can I find the details of his comp package you’re referencing?
Sponsored

Sri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y
Country flag
How’s that?

Wasn’t it largely a market cap trigger.

Where can I find the details of his comp package you’re referencing?
Yes. And the market cap comes from stock price. All you have to do is check the stock price chart to see that the stock did not stay at the high levels for a long time. I am not sure the Rawlinson's package was ever published. Remember, it was before the official merger. But several news articles mentioned the deal. Besides, apart from temporary spike in stock price, what else they have achieved that's outstanding so far?

OP
OP
cvalue13

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Yes. And the market cap comes from stock price. All you have to do is check the stock price chart to see that the stock did not stay at the high levels for a long time. I am not sure the Rawlinson's package was ever published. Remember, it was before the official merger. But several news articles mentioned the deal. Besides, apart from temporary spike in stock price, what else they have achieved that's outstanding so far?
if you view that contingent event occurring at a specific point in time as being attributable only to that point in time, then I guess that’s one way to look at it

having negotiated things like this myself, they were aware that the market cap trigger need not be maintained for any period to satisfy the trigger

Sri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y
Country flag
if you view that contingent event occurring at a specific point in time as being attributable only to that point in time, then I guess that’s one way to look at it

having negotiated things like this myself, they were aware that the market cap trigger need not be maintained for any period to satisfy the trigger
I am not even sure what you are trying to argue with that abstract concept. Anyway I think I have made my points clear enough to explain why I think Musk's package was earned and Rawlinson's package was not. And Yes, I think the $90B market cap for Lucid was only attributable to stock pumping at that time and not actual results. I'll leave it at that.
Sponsored