Cyber contests on a continental level....amongst others.

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
  • Banned
First rule... the winner is the driver(s) that encompass the most surface area within an established land mass with an individual cyber vehicle.

Second rule... all the surface area must be closed off from beginning to end, and must be one continuous area.

Third rule... All travel must be LEGAL, and on a previously travelled path (this will include everything down to things like legal to travel logging roads.)

Fourth rule... All travel must be recorded by the vehicle's internet/gps in real time.

Fifth rule... Small informal committees can suggest to the rule boards for allowances concerning where no roads are possible as in Certain areas of Central America I have been told of but am not sure of.
Sponsored

OP
OP

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
  • Banned
Wow 19 views and no one wants in?
Another aspect of the "contest" is that the Cyber is the vehicle that would beat ALL other vehicles. THIS would be a MAJOR Promotion for TESLA. Specifically the Cyber. Let me make you recognize this.
is there an off-road vehicle that will be as capable as driving very long distances in comfort as the Cyber? Are there comfortable cars that can "rock-hop" down outback trails? I think the Cyber is very capable of both...and is a better camper.
So this contest in and of itself will be a major promotional asset for Tesla. And if/when FSD is realized the results will be ....
Yes Cyber fanboys can prove the vehicle is the king... "One Ring to Rule Them All."

OP
OP

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
  • Banned
Retirees can really push the envelope.... imagine the Combined Americas Challenge?

OP
OP

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
  • Banned
Going "real time" will allow the Cyber Community to meet up, and perhaps provide intel about certain legal off-roads.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Wow 19 views and no one wants in?
I'm sure many of us share your enthusiasm but I'm afraid I don't see the point. Is this an excercise in the application of Green's theorem? That tells us to find a route that is as close to a circle as possible and just keep driving round and round it.

OP
OP

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
  • Banned
I'm sure many of us share your enthusiasm but I'm afraid I don't see the point. Is this an excercise in the application of Green's theorem? That tells us to find a route that is as close to a circle as possible and just keep driving round and round it.
Dang it Mr Lange, You almost got me kicked off the board AGAIN! I was cussing like a muthalover when I googled Green's theorem and tried to figure out what the "Sugar" was I reading.
All I was saying is that it'd be fun to have a challenge which would show the driveability of the cyber both on and off-road through seeing who could "capture" the most surface area within its circumferential route.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Driver A goes 500 km along an arrow straight road and returns. The two lanes are separated by 20 m (0.02 km). He drove 1000 km but the area enclosed by his drive is 0.02*500 = 10 square km. A second driver also drives 1000 km but does it around the periphery of a circle with radius of 159.155 km. His drive encloses 79577.5 square km. The savvy driver knows that he can't do better than the second or worse than the first and so tries to find a nearly circular circuit but has to deal with the realities of life and his path does not follow the smooth curve of a circle. He submits his log from which it's plain how far he drove but how much area did he enclose? We would use Green's theorem to figure that out. It's how a surveyor figures the area of an irregularly shaped lot.

OP
OP

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I
Driver A goes 500 km along an arrow straight road and returns. The two lanes are separated by 20 m (0.02 km). He drove 1000 km but the area enclosed by his drive is 0.02*500 = 10 square km. A second driver also drives 1000 km but does it around the periphery of a circle with radius of 159.155 km. His drive encloses 79577.5 square km. The savvy driver knows that he can't do better than the second or worse than the first and so tries to find a nearly circular circuit but has to deal with the realities of life and his path does not follow the smooth curve of a circle. He submits his log from which it's plain how far he drove but how much area did he enclose? We would use Green's theorem to figure that out. It's how a surveyor figures the area of an irregularly shaped lot.
I am going to say Google Earth will figure it all using green's Theorem...

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
That's cool. How do you do it in Google Earth (want to check out my lot)?
Sponsored