Herb Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Optima, Ford F-150
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Texas is a great place to work. Talented workforce, right to work state, no income tax, State will give incentives..

CyberTrucKS

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX Cybertruck Preorder Holder
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
CyberTrucKS of course! Cheap farmland and lots of sunshine.

cybertrucktruckguy

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tacoma TRD Off Road, 2018 Tundra Limited, 2016 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
If I had to guess it would be in this order, for these reasons:

1. Texas (Skilled Labor Pool, Growing Market, Political Pull from the most powerful Red State)

2. Nashville (Cost of Labor, Proximity to East Coast, Existing Car Manufacturing Infrastructure)

3. Kansas City (Current Home to 3 large auto manufacturing facilities, including F150, Relatively low skilled labor cost. Probably best USA Internal Freight City with multiple Auto Load/Unload Intermodal Rail Facilities and access to Mississippi River barge system via Missouri River barge system as well as being in the almost exact middle of the US for highway hauling.

cybertrucktruckguy

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tacoma TRD Off Road, 2018 Tundra Limited, 2016 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
If they want to have a vehicle with the smallest carbon footprint, it should be built somewhere where the energy mix is predominantly renewable. In British Columbia, 94% of our electricity comes from hydro power.
Well, if I have my facts right, both Texas and Kansas now produce more than 50% of their domestic electricity consumption via renewables. I think Texas is closer to 65%. I think Washington State is very close to 100% with the combination of Hydro and Nuclear but since neither BC or Washington is the center of the US...I think you're out of luck.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Where do I think it should be? Somewhere in Virginia but NIMBY.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Well, if I have my facts right, both Texas and Kansas now produce more than 50% of their domestic electricity consumption via renewables. I think Texas is closer to 65%. I think Washington State is very close to 100% with the combination of Hydro and Nuclear but since neither BC or Washington is the center of the US...I think you're out of luck.
This is one of those weird areas for Texas, they produce the second most renewable Energy of any state in the US. We are FAR from it being 50% of our consumption, however.

Old Spice

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Polaris RZR
Country flag
If I had to guess it would be in this order, for these reasons:

1. Texas (Skilled Labor Pool, Growing Market, Political Pull from the most powerful Red State)

2. Nashville (Cost of Labor, Proximity to East Coast, Existing Car Manufacturing Infrastructure)

3. Kansas City (Current Home to 3 large auto manufacturing facilities, including F150, Relatively low skilled labor cost. Probably best USA Internal Freight City with multiple Auto Load/Unload Intermodal Rail Facilities and access to Mississippi River barge system via Missouri River barge system as well as being in the almost exact middle of the US for highway hauling.
Tennessee definitely seems like front runner. Saw this in an article:

Separate reports from TechCrunch and Axios mention sources saying that Nashville is on a shortlist of locations competing for the “Cybertruck Gigafactory.”

Like with Gigafactory Nevada, the automaker is expected to get government incentives as part of the deal, but Musk says that he is looking for more than that.

In an email to the Wall Street Journal, Musk wrote about the search:

Incentives play a role, but so do logistics costs, access to a large workforce with a wide range of talents, and quality of life.
Tennessee would be an interesting choice because it is becoming a hub for electric vehicle manufacturing. Nissan has been producing the Leaf at its plant in Smyrna, and Volkswagen is currently building an electric vehicle factory next to its existing plant in Chattanooga.

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Mechanical Designer
Country flag
I like all this talk about a central area. I am in the St. Louis, MO area, and that will make picking up my CT that much easier.

Wild Bill AZ

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Mustang, 2006 RAM 1500
Country flag
Hi Guys, just joined! I will order my CT on my birthday. I know I will have to wait A LONG TIME, but it will always be my best birthday gift!

I vote Arizona (although I MIGHT be biased) but as a shareholder, I think I would like to see Texas. Huge local market and it would force Texas to allow sales in-state unlike now. The dealerships wouldn't be able to top the financial benefits that Telsa would bring to the state!

Cyber_Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Siennas (2)
Country flag
Elon first posted his poll for Texas. Now he has broadened the search.

I think initial talks with Texas went along the lines of them telling him to 'take a hike'. Could easily be wrong, but I don't think Texas is in the running anymore. :cautious:

(not claiming I know anything)

bfdog

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250, Honda Element, GX470
Country flag
Elon first posted his poll for Texas. Now he has broadened the search.

I think initial talks with Texas went along the lines of them telling him to 'take a hike'. Could easily be wrong, but I don't think Texas is in the running anymore. :cautious:

(not claiming I know anything)
Can we even buy them in Texas right now? I don't understand the dealer laws in Texas or how to take delivery. Texas should roll out the red carpet though. Musk already has a launch site in Brownsville area.
Sponsored