Bond007

First Name
Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
It should be in Geronimo, Texas. (Near New Braunfels, TX, between San Antonio and Austin).

Close to I35, rails, I130, and heavy talent in Austin and surrounding areas. No unions. Lots of blue collar workers and professionals. Cheap, flat land.
You pretty much gave away your home address ...LOL
Sponsored

Sweetgman

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Scion IQ and Cybertruck pre-ordered
Country flag
Not that much labor is needed... it's mostly robots. I'm guessing they want easy access to transport lines and that rules out eastern ky and WV.... also they are eastern, not really central. Which makes Texas or WI a good choice.
Indianapolis is the crossroads of America just saying

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Except that you cant legally buy one here. You can own it in Texas sure, not actually "purchase" the car in Texas. With the internet sales strategy Tesla uses it kinda makes it a mute point.

bfdog

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250, Honda Element, GX470
Country flag
Except that you cant legally buy one here. You can own it in Texas sure, not actually "purchase" the car in Texas. With the internet sales strategy Tesla uses it kinda makes it a mute point.
The point is almost moot except at the time Musk negotiates Giga Geronimo, and has the most leverage, he needs to lobby for more favorable treatment in Texas For Tesla. So he can service and sell at the Gigafactory also. Or whatever would be beneficial, Like allow Tesla to do what every other dealer does here. Just thought of this: We have an F1 track 45 minutes away for testing. We need to get the Gigafactory here.

bfdog

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Texas residents can still easily buy a car from Tesla, but the purchase is handled as an out-of-state transaction and must be completed before the vehicle ships to Texas. ... Texas considered legislation in 2015 to allow Tesla to operate in the state but legislation was not passed.

Tesla US dealership disputes - Wikipedia

bfdog

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
And what is wrong with giving away my home address?

I think if our home addresses were on here there would be fewer keyboard warriors:

I'll start with mine: 6341 Georgetown Pike, Geronimo TX 71234

SONNYDUT

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX470, 3x Audi A3, Honda Van, Model S, Tri-Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
CAD Designer
Country flag
I am all in for the USA. Any state will do for me. New Mexico is my guess.

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
In a jurisdiction that continues to be friendly to EVs and to factory-direct sales, not so friendly to unions, and that has empty assembly plants at the ready. And consideration should be extended to Canada, where the dollar's at a 1/4 discount.

Cebliminal

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R/T Durango, Harley Davidsons, Toyota Tundra 4x4 put deposit down for Cybertruck
Occupation
Executive Chef/Food & Beverage Director
Country flag
Huntsville Alabama
excellent location for Cybertruck, the state already is home to
  • Hyundai.
  • Honda.
  • Toyota.
  • Mercedes-Benz.
  • Huntsville is northern Alabama not far from Tennessee it hosts the space program government contractors huMyers were fitted for Iraq Afghanistan combat here. It hosts technology Dynetics aerospace small glide munitions, hypersonic glide bodies. Opportunity for federal government contracts plus Tesla is floundering in this area and all the states around this central location its time to saturate this area and where better to do it from HUNTSVILLE AL. Build the plant here and Iā€™m sure governor Kay Ivy would would give the tax credit to buyers after approving in state purchases. And to top it of we are still one of 7 states that is CORONAVIRUS FREE as of March 12

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Tesla sure highlights the fallacy of the free market. I was unaware that in they couldn't sell in some states, that the government had to approve before they could sell their product.

Bond007

First Name
Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
And consideration should be extended to Canada, where the dollar's at a 1/4 discount.
The problem with manufacturing in any country other than USA is that thereā€™s potential for levies / taxes in future depending on future government policies. In addition itā€™ll lose its ā€œMade in USAā€ label. Donā€™t want to see another foreign made DeLorean.

Bond007

First Name
Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Tesla sure highlights the fallacy of the free market. I was unaware that in they couldn't sell in some states, that the government had to approve before they could sell their product.
Exactly. An issue where the middleman needs protection (by way of government rules) is proof that it is a flawed model by default. I heard in one state (Missouri IIRC) is considering a legislation to change that and surprisingly the dealership lobby was on board with the proposal stating we would welcome competition (by way of direct sales) and we would prove our worth to customers. Thatā€™s an unusual and rare encouraging sign and a positive point for ā€œStealershipsā€. Too bad, I believe they are destined for the trash bin of automotive history.

Bond007

First Name
Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I believe Tesla will try to avoid the mistakes it made when it selected the Giga Nevada in Reno. They probably went for the cheapest price and best incentives since Cash was hard to come by at that time. Later on they realized that Nevada kept Tesla at arms length by siding with dealerships lobby and they are having big trouble getting skilled work force there since itā€™s pretty much a desert and nothing else is there. I donā€™t think Tesla will even want to expand the current facility even though they could.
Currently their financial situation is good and they can scrutinize the potential areas with all aspects and get the most of their efforts.
Even though Texas is a logical place to start with, I donā€™t think it will happen considering that they still havenā€™t given sales permission to Tesla and are standing behind dealerships. Tesla shouldnā€™t reward such behavior. Ultimately itā€™ll be a net loss for Texas as dealerships are doomed in future anyway. The future generation in Texas will curse the current politicians who were swayed by the $$$ offered by dealership lobby costing them a future in their nearby city.
Thereā€™re plenty of places in central USA and the search should continue for the best location. Wishing Tesla best of luck.
Sponsored