Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I was only using ABS as a demonstration of a point... I hardly think cameras failing and leaving you with no mirrors is a life or death situation. Just pull over and call AAA if you can't drive by turning your head and looking.
Sponsored

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
i'm from mass so i use side mirrors about as often as blinkizz.

mirrors have been an anachronism for at least a decade and are genuinely fkn annoying at night with all the non-anachronistic candlepower beaming forth. people in merka should really put their energy into changing the laws on auto mirrors and pull back on reinventing the steering wheel.
Use ur blinka! It will be nice if it's cameras no more reflected glare, I'm with you on that and never even thought of it. 1 more reason camera is better.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
If mirrors are still required when Cybertruck is released, I see two good options for Tesla to adopt:

1) The smallest most minimal mirrors that satisfy regs but with a camera in the outboard end and the screen in the door, right below the mirror view.

2) A tall, narrow portrait mirror that had a forward portion that was designed like a sharp wing to split and manage the high-pressure airflow coming off the hood/windshield and wrapping around the sides. I think with some wind tunnel testing a configuration could be found that decreased the low-pressure vortex at the rear of the truck such that the net aerodynamic contribution of the mirrors to the overall drag of the vehicle was neutral.

Granted, it would need to be tuned to work over a limited range of speeds but I think it would be worthwhile if it worked between 60 and 75 mph.
Sponsored