Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y.
Occupation
Investor
Country flag
@Gene That's great to hear, you should share some pics if handy, I'm sure many would love to see them!
I'm sorry that I didn't take hardly any pics. It's one of my stompin' grounds so years ago I took so many pics that I've been remiss lately. But here's a couple.

Oh! Something that I forgot to mention is that I removed many weeks ago, the air deflectors that are just under the front bumper and in font of the front wheels. I have not noticed any difference in efficiency and for sure they'd be ripped off on a trail. It takes like 3 minutes with a 10 mm wrench. I'd like to remove the rears but it is complicated for those.
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck offroad performance review by pro off-road racer Emme Hall IMG_0690
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck offroad performance review by pro off-road racer Emme Hall IMG_4207
Sponsored

Gene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y.
Occupation
Investor
Country flag
How would a model x awd compare to a CT awd? Sorry I don't really understand all this mumbo jumbo. However for my purposes, I've found the mx with blizzak winter tires to be amazing in snow and ice and I've never gotten stuck. Should the CT be worse, comparable, or better?
No comparison. An X would have gone about 100 feet on that trail before body damage and being high centered and stuck. For simple dirt roads and even washboard an X would be ok. But I can tell you, being down some "simple" dirt road, all it takes is a quick rain storm, a couple of washes getting flooded, some mud, or even ice and you'll be there for awhile. Even with full size 4wd trucks, I always carry chains. When hilly trails ice up, it makes no difference how many wheel drive you are, nor what tires you have, you need chains to get out. One of my haunts is the Saline Valley Hot Springs, with its steep 7,500 elevation pass along the 50 miles dirt road. Anyone traveling that road with me, they are not invited unless they have tire chains. It's too much of a liability, and danger to others, to have to try and help them get home when a set of chains would have made the Grapevine Canyon pass an easy exit.

swinefeaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Awd
Country flag
No comparison. An X would have gone about 100 feet on that trail before body damage and being high centered and stuck. For simple dirt roads and even washboard an X would be ok. But I can tell you, being down some "simple" dirt road, all it takes is a quick rain storm, a couple of washes getting flooded, some mud, or even ice and you'll be there for awhile. Even with full size 4wd trucks, I always carry chains. When hilly trails ice up, it makes no difference how many wheel drive you are, nor what tires you have, you need chains to get out. One of my haunts is the Saline Valley Hot Springs, with its steep 7,500 elevation pass along the 50 miles dirt road. Anyone traveling that road with me, they are not invited without chains. It's too much of a liability to have to try and help them get home when a set of chains would have made the Grapevine Canyon pass an easy exit.
Fair enough. I always carried chains with my x but never had to use them.

What I'm most interested in would be a guess as to comparison between mx awd and CT awd in snow, both without chains. I'm thinking the mx would still win with true winter tires vs ct's all terrain tires. I'm also not sure what the difference is with the awd setup (ignoring clearance and body frailty)

Gene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y.
Occupation
Investor
Country flag
Fair enough. I always carried chains with my x but never had to use them.

What I'm most interested in would be a guess as to comparison between mx awd and CT awd in snow, both without chains. I'm thinking the mx would still win with true winter tires vs ct's all terrain tires. I'm also not sure what the difference is with the awd setup (ignoring clearance and body frailty)
I thought that you were asking about the Model X on a dirt track like the one that I was on. If you mean on a snowy paved road, the X will be fine with the right tires and if on ice use chains or studded tires.

swinefeaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Awd
Country flag
I thought that you were asking about the Model X on a dirt track like the one that I was on. If you mean on a snowy paved road, the X will be fine with the right tires and if on ice use chains or studded tires.
Nope I was asking for a comparison with the ct
Sponsored