Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Huh!

Yet another charger we used on our recent Texas trip. We went there twice and had pancakes at the ihop nearby. We stayed in Kingsville for two nights, and travelled from there to visit Starbase.

Learnt the hard way there that some accommodation places scam people who book through an online search engines, by claiming insurance for "no-shows" even though we were there in person, and they didn't have a reservation.

Got a refund at least, even though it was listed as a "no-refund" booking. Still annoying though when you rock up at 12pm and want to go to bed after a long day and having your RV reservation cancelled that same morning... Actually turned out better for us though, in that we hired a MY off turo, which was way more fun to drive everywhere, and meant we had nice cold air-conditioning sleeping arrangements instead of being cooked in the RV. It was hot in Texas this year!

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
@Crissa - Why you so angry?

I'm just documenting what happened, and that we went to the same chargers. It's quite interesting, at least to me, that the CTs are following around where we drove through, whilst we ourselves were looking out to spot a CT everywhere we went there, cameras at the ready. We have dashcam footage of most of the trip actually. Good times.

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
Huh!

Yet another charger we used on our recent Texas trip. We went there twice and had pancakes at the ihop nearby. We stayed in Kingsville for two nights, and travelled from there to visit Starbase.

Learnt the hard way there that some accommodation places scam people who book through an online search engines, by claiming insurance for "no-shows" even though we were there in person, and they didn't have a reservation.

Got a refund at least, even though it was listed as a "no-refund" booking. Still annoying though when you rock up at 12pm and want to go to bed after a long day and having your RV reservation cancelled that same morning... Actually turned out better for us though, in that we hired a MY off turo, which was way more fun to drive everywhere, and meant we had nice cold air-conditioning sleeping arrangements instead of being cooked in the RV. It was hot in Texas this year!
Does the 'ihop' have a Kangaroo as a mascot(?)
Good call on the Model Y....l can only imagine 'Camp Mode' on the CT
Sponsored