wmillerwjm

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
While online searching for different ways to change the exterior appearance of the Cybertruck using vinyl car wrap; it occurred to me, stainless steel can be polished to a high brightness (not unlike a near-chrome look). I wonder if the exterior body will permit polishing in this fashion, it would be quite the gem!
Sponsored

Challeco

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23ModelY,71F250,14Fusion,66Galaxie
Occupation
Medical Technologist
Country flag
Just what the roadways need, a mirror polished vehicle to reflect the sun, oncoming lights, and attract the unwanted attention of law enforcement. Personally, I'm going to revel in mud baths and let the rain wash the truck clean.

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
PLEASE dont mirror it... i have a mirror plate of the stainless for testing its literally a mirror, and sun reflection is blinding, the regular finish is pretty obnoxious in bright sun too

larryboy31

First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Dodge turbo diesel ext. cab,2016 Nissan versa, 2021 Subaru cross trek
Occupation
retired
Country flag
PLEASE dont mirror it... i have a mirror plate of the stainless for testing its literally a mirror, and sun reflection is blinding, the regular finish is pretty obnoxious in bright sun too

This would allow people who enjoy blinding other drivers with their new headlights at night to have fun in the daytime too.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
More interested in how I can get it to be matte stainless... :)

Billyboy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra, Honda CRV
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I might do a flat black non reflective wrap on hood, seems that oncoming night traffic headlights might be an issue?

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
There is also the LINE-X ULTRA option.
LINE-X ULTRA
There is also the "rocker shutz" option. Usually sprayed only rocker panel area, or as an undercarriage protector. I put it on the fenders of my old Toyota, not sure how it would adhere to SS....It is textured too.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Stainless Steel Exterior - Wrap or Polish FrontBumper
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Stainless Steel Exterior - Wrap or Polish RearBumper
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Stainless Steel Exterior - Wrap or Polish ToyTruck1

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
I might do a flat black non reflective wrap on hood, seems that oncoming night traffic headlights might be an issue?
Reflection off the hood will not be an issue because it slopes in the same plane as the windscreen. Because the driver's head is below this plane, the driver cannot see the hood and thus cannot be bothered by reflections off the hood.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There is also the "rocker shutz" option. Usually sprayed only rocker panel area, or as an undercarriage protector. I put it on the fenders of my old Toyota, not sure how it would adhere to SS....It is textured too.

FrontBumper.jpg
RearBumper.jpg
ToyTruck1.jpg
People put coatings like that on their bed and rocker panels because it's tougher than paint and hides scratches. But I think it would be a mistake to put it on the Cybertruck because the coating is much more fragile than the metal. It can chip or peel whereas the metal cannot.

pagesix1536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Nissan Leaf SL, 2014 Tesla Model S P85DL
Country flag
Leaving it as is. All that stuff you all want to apply... vinyl coatings and other... it'll peel and chip right off.

lasstss

First Name
martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ram, chrysler 300
Occupation
Mech Engineer
Country flag
More interested in how I can get it to be matte stainless... :)
like most stainless it will oxidize in time, gets a dull film. If polished it will do the same after a while.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
like most stainless it will oxidize in time, gets a dull film. If polished it will do the same after a while.
Hell, I'll probably rub a little wax on it after I wash it once a year or so. Not that it needs it but it'll help the road grime come off.

Maybe I'll let it get all dull and weathered so it looks timeless. I did notice from the recent Cybertruck photos in Austin that it looks even better with a little dirt on it than it does all shiny and clean.
Sponsored