Did you notice the Cybertruck has built in steps?

xodarap1

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Buick Encore, Nissan Sentra, >>> Cybertruck TM
Occupation
Security
Country flag
Doesn't look like enough to act as a step, also, if you did try to use them, the toe of your shoe/boot would push against the body and with dirty/muddy shoes, I could see a lot of scuffing and scratching happening.
One foot on step and other on top of back tire.
Sponsored

Deleted member 5322

Iā€™ve been at Petersen museum and seen the beast face to face. Did not notice any kind of build in steps. Not sure if ā€˜theseā€™ spots could be used as steps, sorry to bring bad news

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
Iā€™ve been at Petersen museum and seen the beast face to face. Did not notice any kind of build in steps. Not sure if ā€˜theseā€™ spots could be used as steps, sorry to bring bad news
The photos don't lie. Clearly there are recesses that have the proper position and space to be used as steps. The only things we don't know are whether they will still be there on the updated, final version and whether they will be structurally designed to be strong enough to act as a step.

My best guess is, if they remain, they will be strong enough to be used as a step.

Challeco

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23ModelY,71F250,14Fusion,66Galaxie
Occupation
Medical Technologist
Country flag
Good eye, that will be handy.

I think people are making too big of a deal about the sail sides limiting access to the bed. Here's why: I have a stock 2010 F-150 4x4 and it's a little higher than the RWD model but most people opt for the 4x4 unconcerned that it further limits bed access from the sides. Even though I'm 6'-04" tall, the sides of the bed are too high to reach over.

And having been around a lot of trucks and watching people use them for all kinds of things, I've noticed very few activities where the bed is accessed from the sides. Modern truck bed sides are really tall! And it's not uncommon for people to lift them another 2"-6" anyway. I'm not saying there is NEVER a use case where the sail sides won't be in the way, just that it's not as big of a deal as people are making it out to be.

The Cybertruck has electrically adjustable air suspension. You will be able to raise/lower it with your phone. The Cybertruck bed is already lower than the competition before the suspension is lowered to load heavy items more easily. And only a small minority of truck owners load the bed with sand or gravel from a bucket loader - that's what utility work trailers are for.

The bottom line? With a naturally low bed height, side steps, built in liftgate ramp and adjustable height suspension, the Cybertruck will actually be easier, not harder, to load in the majority of loading situations. A lot easier when dealing with heavy items. I can hardly wait to sell our gas truck and go all electric.
This is why I refuse to buy any truck newer than the 1990s. I own a 1971 Ford F250 camper special that I have made it a point to keep mechanically sound but I've left the paint alone. The old steel is thicker, the truck has grunt, the load capacities of the earlier years were more suggestion than maximum, and the bed height was purposefully made at hip level. The power of my 390 is fine and the fuel economy (laughable use of the word economy) is consistently 12mpg. I've driven several new trucks that tout higher mpg but not when a load is applied. At that point, the economy is essentially the same or less (my brother's Tundra gets 8mpg at best pulling a trailer). I won't rant much longer. I am that guy who will load my truck bed with a level load of sand and gravel, split loaded from both sides from a front loader. I will probably do this with my dual motor CT when I get it. The cyber truck is the only new truck that compares to my old truck's utility even though I will never consider a full bed to be anything less than 8 feet. Yes, $60K (I want the potential of FSD) is expensive, but not when the carbon costs, maintenance, etc. is considered. Thanks for reading my rant.

Challeco

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23ModelY,71F250,14Fusion,66Galaxie
Occupation
Medical Technologist
Country flag
The photos don't lie. Clearly there are recesses that have the proper position and space to be used as steps. The only things we don't know are whether they will still be there on the updated, final version and whether they will be structurally designed to be strong enough to act as a step.

My best guess is, if they remain, they will be strong enough to be used as a step.
Who hasn't used the wheel and tire as a step from the side?! They are central to the bed and they carry the vehicle, so my 220 pounds isn't noticed. Also, the tire gets you much higher into the bed to reach with better grip for your foot.
Sponsored