Does display / UI show actual terrain?

electricAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual-motor
Country flag
Can someone confirm whether the cybertruck display background terrain is a depiction of the actual terrain in your location? Or is it just a random background?
Would be a cool feature for it to show the mountains in your actual location. I know it won't be useful for navigating in rough areas, but it would still add some context when you're driving at night, and I think that adds a lot to the overall driving experience. So, can anyone confirm this?

Tesla Cybertruck Does display / UI show actual terrain? 1703537789440
Sponsored

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
It is just a standard background.

But I reckon it's coming.

TexasRaider

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck + MS
Occupation
Civil
Country flag
That will be the next step toward true FSD. . For pothole and road hazard avoidance.
There is a highway in New Mexico where all the potholes are where the tires would land if you drive directly down the center of the lanes. The worst ~200 miles of highway driving. Ha

Kahpernicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Country flag
Can someone confirm whether the cybertruck display background terrain is a depiction of the actual terrain in your location? Or is it just a random background?
Would be a cool feature for it to show the mountains in your actual location. I know it won't be useful for navigating in rough areas, but it would still add some context when you're driving at night, and I think that adds a lot to the overall driving experience. So, can anyone confirm this?

1703537789440.png
Pretty sure that screencap is from a video where the truck is sitting in a parking lot.
Sponsored