Does the V2G qualify as home battery backup?

BChiesa

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 & Y & CT AWD
Occupation
Banker
Country flag
Since the CT has V2G, would it qualify as home battery backup? I am specifically wondering if it would qualify through some loophole for the energy tax credit of 30%?

Sounds crazy at first, I know, but you do get 30% credit for Power Wall installation. You might also say that because the truck is not affixed to the house, but according to this gov website ( https://www.energystar.gov/about/federal_tax_credits/battery_storage_technology ) the credit also applies to house boats, mobile homes, etc.

I’m wondering if this is a loophole in existence right now as a case where technology has leapfrogged the tax laws? Any CPAs willing to opine on here?
Sponsored

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
But I believe in "house boats, mobile homes, etc." it still must be attached to the unit.

Don't you think that Tesla would advertise it, if it were?

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
But I believe in "house boats, mobile homes, etc." it still must be attached to the unit.

Don't you think that Tesla would advertise it, if it were?
Tesla? Don't you think FORD would have been advertising it at the top of their lungs if there was a way!

fhteagle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Volt, CT Res x2
Country flag
Since the CT has V2G
From what I can tell CT definitely has V2L, probably has V2H with the right mix of other equipment, but does not have V2G. Unless I missed an announcement or Xitter post or something adding that?

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
From what I can tell CT definitely has V2L, probably has V2H with the right mix of other equipment, but does not have V2G. Unless I missed an announcement or Xitter post or something adding that?
Correct, not vehicle to grid. i,e, no phase syncing that I know of.
Sponsored