Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Model 3 Performance FSD, '21 Model Y LR FSD&AB
Occupation
Cybersecurity/Software/Sales/etc.
Country flag
Just got done installing these by @AO-Pete (Abstract Ocean). Love the look!

I have to say that some of the locations are a bit of a bear, but it wasn’t hard overall.

IMG_4002.jpeg

IMG_4015.jpeg

IMG_4016.jpeg

IMG_4018.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

ModelAZ

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Ordered
Country flag
That looks good! Totally fits the whole vibe of the Cybertruck.

Are colors selectable? Any other photos you can share?

OP
OP
L3it3R

L3it3R

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
View attachment 46203

Wooo that looks good! Totally fits the whole vibe of the Cybertruck.

Are colors selectable? Any other photos you can share?
White, blue, red, and purple 👍🏻

I’ll get some later when it’s dark 😎

Edit: I should have said "they're available in". The color of these is not able to be changed once installed.

Last edited:

Bizarrkley

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Foundation AWD, Model S P85
Country flag
Just got done installing these. Love the look!

I have to say that some of the locations are a bit of a bear, but it wasn’t hard overall.

IMG_4002.jpeg
Interested in the interior lights. Have a link and any comments on installation?

CyberJay

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD (two), Model Y
Occupation
Oncology Biotech Exec | GOD BLESS THE USA
Country flag
Just got done installing these. Love the look!

IMG_4002.jpeg
Nice. Just curious - does CT come with puddle lights? Also - is it as easy to replace as Model Y? (square box that pops in under door with simple wire?)

CyberJay

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD (two), Model Y
Occupation
Oncology Biotech Exec | GOD BLESS THE USA
Country flag
OP
OP
L3it3R

L3it3R

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

bryanle1

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT, Y
Country flag
is that 10 bucks for all the bulbs? Or 10 each, and you have to get X amount?

OP
OP
L3it3R

L3it3R

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
is that 10 bucks for all the bulbs? Or 10 each, and you have to get X amount?
$10/ea
6 inside, four for the puddle lights

OP
OP
L3it3R

L3it3R

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Does anyone know the type of bulbs currently on the Cybertruck doors puddle lights? I feel like we should be able to find brighter LED replacements easily and more cost effectively by ourselves.

These are direct replacement units. You may be able to source cheaper/brighter LEDs, but they will probably require a lot more work. Been replacing the lights in almost all of my vehicles since... as long as I can remember, and this is pretty much on par.

OP
OP
L3it3R

L3it3R

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

AO-Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
abstractocean.com
Vehicles
2024 CT, 2024 Model 3 Highland, 2022 R1T
Occupation
AO Founder & CEO, IT guy by day.
Country flag
Hi all. Pete from AO here...to answer a few of the questions....

1. Cybertruck is incredibly fussy about what's plugged into it. For this reason, the internal bulbs are (for now) static colors. We might try an RGB version in the future, but not any time soon (RGB bulbs are always less bright, that's the downside of selectable color).
  2. The puddle (door) locations continue to be extremely problematic. In our VIN (1000), nothing will work for long, other than the factory lights (which are the same p/n as Highland). For most customers, the ultra-bright lights will work in the door locations. These are dumb, 16v endpoints (no control wire), so I'm not sure why they're so fussy.
  3. Projection lights in the doors, so far, have been a complete failure. This includes Tesla's own "TESLA" projection light they sell in China. The Cybertruck projection shown up thread was taken in a Highland, on the basis they use the same factory bulbs, but turns out that assumption wasn't a good one. Version 14 is due in the mail tomorrow to try {sigh}
  4. Yes, you can find cheaper lights, but having sold these things for a decade, I am extremely confident our ultra-brights are the best quality available. They're made in Taiwan (in the world of LED's, Taiwan is very different to China) by a manufacturer that supplies millions of bulbs to a major German OEM. We offer a lifetime warranty, and I'm not worried doing that, the 2014 Model S loaner that I have from Tesla right now arrived with them installed - this is often the case, having sold close on half a million of them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L3it3R

L3it3R

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Hi all. Pete from AO here...to answer a few of the questions....

1. Cybertruck is incredibly fussy about what's plugged into it. For this reason, the internal bulbs are (for now) static colors. We might try an RGB version in the future, but not any time soon (RGB bulbs are always less bright, that's the downside of selectable color).
  2. The puddle (door) locations continue to be extremely problematic. In our VIN (1000), nothing will work for long, other than the factory lights (which are the same p/n as Highland). For most customers, the ultra-bright lights will work in the door locations. These are dumb, 16v endpoints (no control wire), so I'm not sure why they're so fussy.
  3. Projection lights in the doors, so far, have been a complete failure. This includes Tesla's own "TESLA" projection light they sell in China. The Cybertruck projection shown up thread was taken in a Highland, on the basis they use the same factory bulbs, but turns out that assumption wasn't a good one. Version 14 is due in the mail tomorrow to try {sigh}
  4. Yes, you can find cheaper lights, but having sold these things for a decade, I am extremely confident our ultra-brights are the best quality available. They're made in Tiawan (in the world of LED's, Tiawan is very different to China) by a manufacturer that supplies millions of bulbs to a major German OEM. We offer a lifetime warranty, and I'm not worried doing that, the 2014 Model S loaner that I have from Tesla right now arrived with them installed - this is often the case, having sold close on half a million of them.
ALSO! Your customer service is fantastic 😎👍🏻
Sponsored