Extending towing range with Assist motors in the trailer.

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
Wow... Watching the promo video on the site, probably the point that is touted the most about that airstream is that it will be garagable. How many garages do peeps have these days? Between the CT barely fitting in the garage and now a travel trailer in there, where do they intend to keep the tools? The etsy nick-nacks? That extra baby stroller? Or heaven forbid.... Their car? I'm starting to think that people are building 3 level houses so that they can use the whole first level exclusively as multiple garages and then live in the top 2 levels. Maybe I'm supposed to take a hint by the fact that the car they drive is a Porsche.

Ahhhh..... But apparently these are not sitting in the driveway. Seems that people have enough money to build a garage around it for that 90% of the time. So clearly the price of the trailer isn't the issue.
There is a house design, especially in flood plains, that the bottom floor is just garage, storage, and the upper floors are living.

The bullshit ā€˜2 car garageā€™ that only fits two cars if you park them facing opposite directions just so you can get in and out needs to stop. I can park one car, my motorcycle, and some stuff in my garage.

If I had designed my house, it would have been laid out differently and though it could not be wider, it could have been deeper.
Sponsored

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
There is a house design, especially in flood plains, that the bottom floor is just garage, storage, and the upper floors are living.
Itā€™s common in California to see a 2 car garage, maybe a laundry room and a single bedroom as the first floor of 3. The smaller the footprint, the less land used per home, the cheaper they can make the house (and the more houses per acre and the higher profit for the builder).

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Itā€™s common in California to see a 2 car garage, maybe a laundry room and a single bedroom as the first floor of 3. The smaller the footprint, the less land used per home, the cheaper they can make the house (and the more houses per acre and the higher profit for the builder).
So after the CT and the airstream get put in the garage, where do people park their car?

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
So after the CT and the airstream get put in the garage, where do people park their car?
In the driveway?

-Crissa
Remember, weā€™re talking Southern California. ā€Coldā€ at night is anything below 55, freezing is for the most part, unheard of. Rain isnā€™t as common as we probably need it to be. And so Crissa is correct, we park in our driveway, or at the curb on the street. I have a 3 car garage, and we havenā€™t put our 2 cars both into the garage in 4 years. I am using 2 of the 3 car slots as a workshop. And when the projects get large (dining tables, bedroom sets, etc.) then none of the cars are in the garage. I can get 6-8 cars in my driveway, and thatā€˜s where we park ā€˜em.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Remember, weā€™re talking Southern California. ā€Coldā€ at night is anything below 55, freezing is for the most part, unheard of. Rain isnā€™t as common as we probably need it to be. And so Crissa is correct, we park in our driveway, or at the curb on the street. I have a 3 car garage, and we havenā€™t put our 2 cars both into the garage in 4 years. I am using 2 of the 3 car slots as a workshop. And when the projects get large (dining tables, bedroom sets, etc.) then none of the cars are in the garage. I can get 6-8 cars in my driveway, and thatā€˜s where we park ā€˜em.
No.... YOU are talking about Southern California. The rest of the world marvels at the size of your viewpoint.

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
No.... YOU are talking about Southern California. The rest of the world marvels at the size of your viewpoint.
Which is the only size of mine the rest of the world marvels atā€¦. o_O

But to be fair now, I did start my first comment (to which you responded) ā€œIn Californiaā€¦ā€ So when you responded WE were talking about the aforementioned state.