Fire Destroyed Ford Super Duty - Lithium Battery to Blame?

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Probably won't see this spread across the news media......

https://www.dieselworldmag.com/diesel-news/diesel-news-melted-super-duty-cp4-recall-and-more/

DW-DIESELNEWS-04-1.jpg

Where’s The Super Duty?
A picture of a melted late model Super Duty went semi-viral on social media in the New Year, sending aluminum truck sceptics into a frenzy. To be sure, more than 80-percent of the truck’s body did melt away in the blaze. This has to be one of the gnarliest wrecks we’ve ever seen, but thankfully the owner was unharmed, as was his trailer and presumably the precious cargo inside (if there was any). The trailer was saved by arriving firefighters who immediately set to work extinguishing the flames. The sole surviving piece of contents from the truck’s interior was the owner’s Bible
Sponsored

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
Any idiot knows a 3500 (Ford, Ram, Chevy/GMC) is not lithium battery powered.

We don't need to do to Ford what they do to Tesla.

We're above that I hope.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Where is the lithium battery angle? But yes, this will be another unreported ICE vehicle fire among the thousands of other ones that don't even raise an eyebrow anymore.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Where is the lithium battery angle?
Watch it turn out that the fire started in the lithium battery of their toothbrush or cell phone. We'll never hear the end of that. As it is, I keep getting asked if I have any lithium batteries in my luggage when flying commercial. And for a while, there were multiple fires in some Samsung phones. But it's been a long time since I heard of any more such fires. Of course that could just mean that the news cycle has gotten bored with such stories and has stopped reporting them. After all, ICE engine fires are no longer reported.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Aluminum skeptics? Gnarliest? Have they never seen the results of a fire in a steel bodied vehicle? They usually burn to the ground, only a greasy spot remains, maybe a piece of the body that fell outward or didn't get full exposure to the interior plastics and oil burning.

-Crissa

WildhavenMI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (reserved), 2021 Bolt EV, 2018 Model X
Occupation
Digital @ Aurora Solar
Country flag
Probably won't see this spread across the news media......

The sole surviving piece of contents from the truck’s interior was the owner’s Bible
What is this, a chain email from my mother?