Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired Army 1975-1997
Country flag
FYI: The story was just about Elon’s tweet so nothing new.
Sponsored

CybrTrkWdWk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor FSD
Occupation
Design, Woodworking
Country flag
That is the mindblowing news Elon has been promising...the new batteries will be powered by Redbull! The only downside is Teslas handling will now feel a little jittery.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
That is the mindblowing news Elon has been promising...the new batteries will be powered by Redbull! The only downside is Teslas handling will now feel a little jittery.
It's a more environmentally friendly electrolyte......

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I'm eagerly anticipating what this might mean. If it is something like 20% to 40% increase in energy density, then range just increased significantly while reducing weight. I can't wait until next Tuesday.
I wonder if anybody has tried to separate the contribution of energy density of the chemistry vs energy density at the pack level due to fewer voids. I guess this is the difference in Watt/KG Watt/liter. The recent Sandy Maduro break down really brought the reduction in voids to my attention.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I wonder if anybody has tried to separate the contribution of energy density of ...
There's a slide in the battery day presentation that does this:

Tesla Cybertruck First look at Tesla’s new battery cell produced in-house with Roadrunner 4177D89F-F65D-4950-87F6-DF37CA434517

The range increase is basically your volume question, tho its answer is mixed between arrangement and new materials in the car. The slide with the power/range answers the arrangement question more directly.

Tesla Cybertruck First look at Tesla’s new battery cell produced in-house with Roadrunner EB2DF409-C837-4B85-B2F9-19A01E3AD392

It says it's a small increase in volume from form factor alone. But has you can see from the other slide, the entire pack sees a boost, like Munro said.

-Crissa
Sponsored

Last edited: