Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Ford introduces 2023 F-150 Lightning Pro SSV: An electric pickup purpose-built for the police.

This is smart FORD practice, taking care of business, covering its bases. One story. A FORD territory sales manager and I raced together. He famously landed the UTAH Highway Patrol fleet dressed in Mustang SSP spec. We parted as his success took him higher, farther afield. But not before sharing a New Year’s eve tradition. Evidently, a brand new FORD Limo ends up at the Governor’s mansion - parked - keys under the mat - as another Limo disappears every NYE. FORD parked a new fresh Limo at the Gov’s mansion no questions - no charge.
E43D9C71-CA23-41D8-A740-90857F8B5074.jpeg

FORD’s game, more than winning Performance, is a multi-level, multi-faceted 4+ Dimensional chess. It’s clearly available online; mock-up renders for Cybertrruck Fleets exist…but man, no free Limo’s. That’s “check” mate!

Its a small ball play by FORD to take big shots! All 50 State governors play? Who knows if Tesla wants to play Fleets? At-the-end-of-the-day, Tesla has GigaFactories to keep feeding, tending, casting and charging EV’s fast as it can. At such scale FORD business may just have Fleets to themselves.

OTOH, Utah changed from Mustangs to cheaper units, as FORD became too rich for Utah Highway Patrol budgets. Fleets could be asking “ Who’s their Daddy” which Elon could have a most attractive simple answer afterall.
Sponsored

Last edited:

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
That Lightning looks... Bad. I have never seen a vehicle look more inane in police regalia than that.

-Crissa
Yep because that's what the cops really need. A good looking car.

A standard CT being small hand gun proof should be worth something to the police though.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
If the Mustang became too rich for police budgets, then the Lighting already is! Ford says it will have an extended battery, but I don't think it's range at high speed will earn it the moniker "Pursuit" because the pickup shape with a lightbar on top would ensure the battery drained really quickly at 120 mph! Plus, without a suspension that lowers at speed, it wouldn't be safe to take it on any pursuit over 90 mph or so.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
It doesn't look normal. Can I hire one to carry my stuff? :LOL: Because I went to storage services and they don't have them. Unfortunately moving from one place to another is not an easy task. And I could not do it myself, so I hired additional cars and movers to make it as quick and easy as possible. Okay, this is all a joke. But the car is really good.
No one has any idea what car you are talking about.
Sponsored