Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT DualMotor Reservation / RAM Rebel 1500 current
Occupation
Video Engineer
Country flag
Hey CT Enthusiasts!

I did some searching here, and on the web for an answer but couldn't find anything difinitive. WIth the Dual Motor coming in at 79,990 (10 dollars under the limit for the tax credit) what happens if you add in FSD (Assuming that price doesn't 'come with' FSD, lol)? That'd put you (if original prices are honored) at 86,990 and outside of the range of the credit. If the Point of Sale credit kicks in, and it drops the price to 72,990 before the FSD is charged it'll be OK, but if you add in a hotdog and soda, you're back over the limit.

Just curious if anyone knows how this will work and if there are any creative ideas to avoid losing the 7500 credit. (Eg. buying FSD later or buying your floor mats and accessories the next day, or in a separate order, etc.)

This will be my first Tesla vehicle (though we do have a Solar Roof!) so not sure how they normal do a car sale.

Thank you for your time and good luck to everyone with their reservations!
Sponsored

NoTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf
Country flag
This has been discussed before. Any hardware attached to the vehicle at delivery counts toward the $80k limit. Destination fees and software do not.
That's for the Federal credit. States may differ.

OP
OP
Arioch

Arioch

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT DualMotor Reservation / RAM Rebel 1500 current
Occupation
Video Engineer
Country flag
Thanks, Notime. I did try seaching but I guess the terms I used weren't specific enough. That answers the question 100% thanks again.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Thanks, Notime. I did try seaching but I guess the terms I used weren't specific enough. That answers the question 100% thanks again.
it'll be easy to find for others now thanks

Eliot Minaise

First Name
Eliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Hey CT Enthusiasts!

I did some searching here, and on the web for an answer but couldn't find anything difinitive. WIth the Dual Motor coming in at 79,990 (10 dollars under the limit for the tax credit) what happens if you add in FSD (Assuming that price doesn't 'come with' FSD, lol)? That'd put you (if original prices are honored) at 86,990 and outside of the range of the credit. If the Point of Sale credit kicks in, and it drops the price to 72,990 before the FSD is charged it'll be OK, but if you add in a hotdog and soda, you're back over the limit.

Just curious if anyone knows how this will work and if there are any creative ideas to avoid losing the 7500 credit. (Eg. buying FSD later or buying your floor mats and accessories the next day, or in a separate order, etc.)

This will be my first Tesla vehicle (though we do have a Solar Roof!) so not sure how they normal do a car sale.

Thank you for your time and good luck to everyone with their reservations!
My first " car "! I didn't even know hiw to get a loan lol.

NoTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf
Country flag
It's hard to find something that specific on here. I didn't intend to chastise you. It's a legitimate question.

FirstRLast

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Tesla model 3s and 2 Cybertruck reservations
Occupation
Smart Home Integration
Country flag
its the total price with whatever options you add so it would push it over unfortunately. But with Teslas you can purchase FSD later and it adds access over the air as an update immediately

NoTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf
Country flag
FSD doesn't count for the tax credit. The Tesla website says that somewhere.
Sponsored