Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
The cost of advertising the typical vehicle in N. America is around $2,000. Guess who pays?

Hint: The money comes from somewhere! Do you have and want to spend $2K extra on every vehicle you buy just so you can be convinced that it's "worth it"?

I'll save you even more money: Cancel your reservation. That's right, the world will not end if you dont get a Cybertruck and you'll get your $100 back to spend on whatever DOES make you happy. It will leave more for those of us who want a truck like like this and shorten the wait by one.

Don't delay - Cancel Today. But wait! That's not all, if you cancel today you will get a box full of genuine Thank You cards from real reservation holders around the world, a $29.95 value, absolutely free!
I didn’t pay $2000 when Elon typed no door handles presumably while sitting on his toilet bowl. Every single person in Tesla is smart enough to figure out how to get information to us at low to no cost. They just choose not to. Nothing about Tesla is average, the way they share info does not have to be typical either. Sorry, I still don’t buy it.

Your second advice may be a sound one. I will take it under consideration but not for your benefit. When I absolutely need a vehicle, if CT existence and delivery time is still an unknown to me, I will do just that. Until then, you will just have to live with my comments.
Sponsored

dtruckman

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Accura MDX Hybrid, 2005 Dodge Dakota 4X4
Occupation
retired
Country flag
People that live in freezing climates know how to deal with freezing doors. One time I came back from a back-country ski tour and the doors to my vehicle were frozen solidly shut. It was a VW Golf (Rabbit). Handles don't do a lot of good if they are really frozen. After that I made sure to keep the seals well treated to resist water and the areas around the seals waxed. No more problems.

With a Cybertruck it will be even less of a problem because you can start the vehicle from outside and turn on the heat. I do this with my Model 3 all the time in winter conditions and I don't have to scrape my windshield anymore. The door seals are treated to resist freezing.

As with any vehicle it's simply a matter of maintaining your vehicle for the conditions it will encounter. Door handles don't prevent freezing. I've yanked on handles until I thought I was going to pull the handle right off the door and the frozen door wouldn't budge.
I am sure preventative maintenance is a proper way to ensure door or any cold weather conditions. I have moved to sunny Nevada where the sun is our nemesis. I had a Mitsubishi vehicle in not so hot or not so cold locatio and had to replace the plastic door handles too. I'm just saying no door handles are a plus in my opinion as less moving parts to fail.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Frankly, I've gotten kind of tired of seeing all these "Final Updates Revealed" videos popping up all over YouTube. They're nothing more than highly speculative opinions showing the same old Cybertruck clips from over a year or two ago. Not much more than clickbait, unfortunately.
What about this one? This CT sighting may have some clues to the new features in CT update:

batufrommongolia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
bmw m235i
Country flag
i don’t like handless. reason is at some point, you car just become very hard to open, like a crash or freezing cold, and pulling a handle is just more reliable to win the game and save your loved ones from inside. As for the glass, it’s almost impossible to break out.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Handles are not 'reliable' to enter an electric vehicle after a collision.

If there's any damage to the cabin frame, the door will be crimped into its space and won't move.

If there's no damage to the cabin, then the vehicle likely still has power, in the case of an EV.

-Crissa

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just build the Cybertruck as is. Can’t satisfy everyone to begin with.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
No affiliation. I still don't agree with door handles vice handles (believing it will be something internal that has changed...)... but not discounting the vid because of that.

<Snip>
Production CT List of Specs, Changes, Deletes

12v SOLAR charger

Airplane mode (OTA delete)

Premium Interior

ConvenienceGp (cupholdrs, wireless induction charging, humidifier)

AmbientGp TEMP-ICE alarmvent + Anemometer EST.RANGE, HUMIDITY

WINTER pkg (heated seats, heated steering, W/Sde-ice)

Fog Lamps

Ludicrous mode

RAVEN, RAVEN Performance “black-only” CT

Signature CT

Founder CT (awarded can’t be bought)

RANGE, RANGE+ CT1

LONG RANGE, LONGE RANGE+ CT2

PLAID, PLAID+ CT3

BAJA CT3, BAJA TT CT4

Yoke Steer or steering wheel

AirRide offroad air suspension

Rearview mirrors or Cameras

W/S wiper delete or single swypr blade

Rear bed-track or no

4680 .vs. LFP

Powerwall accessory CT range system

Active charging underway

V2G VPP AutoBidder package

Tesla NOT a FlameThrower rack

Heat treated S.S. color options

Body wrap option

Pass-thru panel

SOLAR tonneau

SOLAR wings

96A DUAL charge ports same as Tesla Semi

900v DC CT3

Winch attach pts

Plow attach pts

Structural Batt Pack attach pts

EXO-Skeleton rack mount pts for aftermarket

StarLink mt pt

Accessory dash clock

Electro-Prismatic sunvisors

Trailer Brake integration

Tongue weight sensor

Bed weight sensor

TPMS AI inflate/deflate YAW sensor + user selectable

Angle sensor 2way

Cybertruck Beadlocks

Spare Tire swingout rack

FRUNK refrigerator

BioWarfare UV Air filtration

Accessory PDU

CyberDRONE accessory

Auto Park Brake LOK

Voice activated Garbagebag in-dash

WiFi audio

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
i don’t like handless. reason is at some point, you car just become very hard to open, like a crash or freezing cold, and pulling a handle is just more reliable to win the game and save your loved ones from inside. As for the glass, it’s almost impossible to break out.
You're right. It's more difficult for people without hands to open things. I would not want to be handless!

But, yeah, I guess I'm bummed the glass is almost impossible to break out. Now those homeless people will go hungry if they can't steal my backpack from the backseat. With easy to break glass it's a lot easier for people to get a meal or some stuff to sell for some quick cash to buy crack.

I will feel so selfish keeping all my stuff safe with glass that is almost impossible to break out. :rolleyes:

PR_Noyes

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Trucks and Suburbans
Occupation
Web Programmer, Mechanic
Country flag
For us, the need is to use our existing equipment on a CT. Specifically, Fisher plows.

I don't see this happening as the CT is not a frame-based truck. It honestly seems to be designed for drivers wanting to "look like" they need a truck. More of a status symbol than an upgrade for us. It will force us to continue buying the regular ICE trucks.

Think of it like this.... buy an iPhone. Buy its cases and chargers, cables and apps. Then buy an Android phone. Have to basically eat the cost of all the previous apple add-ons.

Seems like it will be 5-10 years before trucks (EV trucks) are capable of transitioning our use of them away from ICE.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I can see how others would want "handleless" doors.

I would still want door handles.

Codes, thumb print, finger print...is not my choice.

But let's see.
One can always weld on handles if need be. No paint to deal with so relatively easy to weld.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Think of it like this.... buy an iPhone. Buy its cases and chargers, cables and apps. Then buy an Android phone. Have to basically eat the cost of all the previous apple add-ons.
Cables are supposed to be expendable. From the micro-usb and on, they're designed to wear out before the devices they plug into. Lightning cables are slightly more durable, but they're an early smart cable, so they have a new way to die. Chargers are compatible between Android and iOS. Apps usually aren't... most of my games are, since the game vendor will honor my purchase on the other store. But they did have to reprogram the UI for every platform. Cases, again, expendable.

You don't usually get to take your tires and wraps and bug-deflectors from model to model; they're like your cables and cases. Sometimes your mounts work - my mom (iPhone) uses a car mount that works with my phone (Android). But I kept my bike rack (Thule) from my first to my third, but my fourth car needed a wider one. Some of these might transfer, but others need new feet.

It's not different. And many things you get for truck add-ons like ramps and toolboxes, the Cybertruck has built-in.

-Crissa
Sponsored