Nicolaas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volkswagen Touareg V10 ; Mercedes VianoV6 ;
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Anybody who might be able to clarify which options there are for home charging connections in Europe?
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Anybody who might be able to clarify which options there are for home charging connections in Europe?
It depends on what sort of power you have at your home, which varies by country and region and building type.

Three-phase is more common, and Tesla sells Destination chargers speced to local needs in various countries. You will have to ask your local showroom or website.

The Menekes connector is the most common now, and is what Tesla puts on its EU spec cars.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_2_connector

-Crissa

OP
OP
NicolaasM

NicolaasM

First Name
Nicolaas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It depends on what sort of power you have at your home, which varies by country and region and building type.

Three-phase is more common, and Tesla sells Destination chargers speced to local needs in various countries. You will have to ask your local showroom or website.

The Menekes connector is the most common now, and is what Tesla puts on its EU spec cars.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_2_connector

-Crissa
Thank you for your response. It does not answer my question. I am looking for what home connections are available to install in my home, anticipating the delivery, at some point, of the Cybertruck. I have heard of the generation 3 charging post for home use, but have not been able to find it.

Eddie_Catflap

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester SJ 2.5i
Occupation
Archaeologist
Country flag
...I am looking for what home connections are available to install in my home...
The options you have will change and can probably be decided when your CT delivery is imminent - so I won't be thinking about options or getting anything installed at home until Tesla tell me "...your CT is scheduled for May 2024..."

For now you could check out Tesla's current options to give some indication of the kinds of research you can do and the options you may have in your area/country... i.e. your equivalent of this page... https://shop.tesla.com/en_au/category/charging

Cheers

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

OP
OP
NicolaasM

NicolaasM

First Name
Nicolaas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I can't predict the future, ask your local utility, or inspect your supply panel.

I gave you the answer available. At the time, you hadn't even put in your profile what country you were in.

https://www.tesla.com/fr_FR/support/home-charging-installation

Tesla's website will try to redirect you, so make sure your IP address is from France if it redirects you away.

-Crissa
I still don't understand why in The Netherlands they deliver a 3rd generation wall connector for home use, and in France only a 2nd generation wall connector, which is much less performing. 16 amps, versus 32 amps.

OP
OP
NicolaasM

NicolaasM

First Name
Nicolaas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The options you have will change and can probably be decided when your CT delivery is imminent - so I won't be thinking about options or getting anything installed at home until Tesla tell me "...your CT is scheduled for May 2024..."

For now you could check out Tesla's current options to give some indication of the kinds of research you can do and the options you may have in your area/country... i.e. your equivalent of this page... https://shop.tesla.com/en_au/category/charging

Cheers
My son in law has a Tesla, and I would therefore already like to install a charging option at home. Yes, the Cybertruck is not there yet, unfortunately. Thanks, Nic

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There's no shrug/I don't know response, so I'll post it here. ??‍♀

I have no idea why each local does anything, and I would expect it has to do with supply of units and what the most common house supply is that they've dealt with. It may be they don't encounter customers with enough supply to use the bigger units, or they haven't used up their supply of the smaller ones.

There's just alot of variables here. And the Cybertruck's support pages won't go into service until it does, so we can't answer these questions. We can only estimate.

-Crissa

OP
OP
NicolaasM

NicolaasM

First Name
Nicolaas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
There's no shrug/I don't know response, so I'll post it here. ??‍♀

I have no idea why each local does anything, and I would expect it has to do with supply of units and what the most common house supply is that they've dealt with. It may be they don't encounter customers with enough supply to use the bigger units, or they haven't used up their supply of the smaller ones.

There's just alot of variables here. And the Cybertruck's support pages won't go into service until it does, so we can't answer these questions. We can only estimate.

-Crissa
Thank you for your response! Have a nice day.
Sponsored