Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Once my kids are a little older this might be a fun family activity. Drive out into the wilds with the CT and then ride together with Grunt and Runts.

Volcon Introduces The Kid-Friendly Runt Electric Motorbike
Tesla Cybertruck How about a Grunt and a Runt for your CT bed 1612984118820

Feb 05, 2021 at 12:29pm ET
By: Dustin Wheelen

For all the little runts in your life.

In October, Austin, Texas-based electric vehicle startup Volcon introduced the Grunt. The all-terrain bike boasted a top speed of 60 mph and a 0-to-60 time of six seconds. With 75 lb-ft of torque and some Bat Tumbler-esque tires, the small trail bike sounded like it could uphold its name. On the more practical side, the 100-mile range, two-hour charge time, and swappable battery technology also impressed.

Yes, the Grunt sounds like a great way to escape during the quarantine era, but the company wanted to offer a way for families to explore the great outdoors together. Keeping with its self-deprecating model names, the Texas startup just unveiled the Runt, an all-terrain bike for kids. Effectively just a smaller version of the Grunt, the pint-sized off-road model prioritizes safety over power.

Tesla Cybertruck How about a Grunt and a Runt for your CT bed 2021-volcon-runt---to
Tesla Cybertruck How about a Grunt and a Runt for your CT bed 2021-volcon-runt---side

The Runt not only comes with three riding modes but parents can tailor the experience through Volcon’s phone app. The software features geo-fencing controls, remote monitoring, performance limiters, and tip-over notifications.

“With the addition of the Runt, the entire family can experience off-road powersports adventures through Volcon’s two and four-wheeled models,” said Andrew Leisner, Chief Executive Officer of Volcon Inc. “The no-clutch, single-speed, electric powertrain is easier for young riders to learn and the new app-based controls will give parents the ability to monitor their children and regulate the power of the motorcycle.”

Volcon’s accessory catalog also ensures that the Runt can grow along with the rider thanks to an assortment of taller handlebars and larger seats. The Grunt’s two-hour charge time still applies to the Runt but you’ll have to plug in more often with the 35-mile range. The tiny off-road bike is open for pre-orders now and will deliver in Spring 2021. With an MSRP of $2,995, the Runt could be the best way to get the entire family on the trails this upcoming riding season.
Sponsored

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
I am guessing the 100 miles is with the most limited performance mode?

For $3k, I would buy one for myself, if it was rated for my weight and the controls would work for someone my size... which I would assume they do not.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
For $3k, I would buy one for myself, if it was rated for my weight and the controls would work for someone my size... which I would assume they do not.
$3k will get you a nice e-bike, but the Grunt is $6k supposedly, tho I don't know what they're skimping on to get there. A Zero FX is $9k.

-Crissa

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
$3k will get you a nice e-bike, but the Grunt is $6k supposedly, tho I don't know what they're skimping on to get there. A Zero FX is $9k.

-Crissa
My weight on the $9k Zero, I am not getting 100 miles unless I am crawling along at 25 mph or less... and maybe not even then.