Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Cybertruck, Tesla model 3 Performance
Occupation
Laborer
Country flag
How about a quad motor option? It would give you the ability to turn in place ( tank turns ) CyberTruck? More like a CyberTank,. Might be nice for tight trails in the woods.
Sponsored

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 MS 85D, 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Air traffic controller
Country flag
I was honestly surprised they weren't doing a quad motor version

BLUR1895

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3P
Occupation
IT Manager
Country flag

Delusional

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
Tank Turn will smoke your tires instantly on pavement. I doubt it works at all without the slippery mud. You know, even on tanks it doesn't work all that well, and on pavement tears up the tank's treads and the road. It needs the mud. You need a vehicle that is square, where the wheelbase length is the same as it's width, then it works pretty well.
Maybe the thing to do is operate only one tire per side, front-left and right-rear, while leaving the other two tires spin freely. You can see that in the video. One wheel is spinning much faster than the other. Notice that they don't give you a long look at it.

... then again, I'm thinking of a mechanical linkage between the wheels. With each wheel controlled individually and millisecond timing, things will be different.

Last edited:

Camper Van Someren

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Focus RS, 2015 Sienna AWD, 2002 Ranger
Country flag
I’m hoping the CT has some way to vector torque at each axle. Something like the e-twinster system from GKN that has two independent clutch packs per axle. If it had that front and rear, they could implement the “two powered wheel” tank turn that you describe on either the dual or tri-motor.

kenshortt

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado, Passat
Country flag
How about a quad motor option? It would give you the ability to turn in place ( tank turns ) CyberTruck? More like a CyberTank,. Might be nice for tight trails in the woods.
This has to happen. Competition is showing it. I will buy. Also, more range probable. Essential for off road once you have it. There would be no turning back. There would be a lot less buyers. You presented the idea and I have to have one. Thank you
Sponsored