Is a Cyber line of Tesla vehicles on the horizon?

Daweism

First Name
Dawei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Raptor (Supercab)
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
I would love a Cyber-Wrangler/Bronco/FJ type.
Sponsored

CybertronUK

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara, Hulux Invincible
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
No, don't do that... There isn't much point in poking at other's misfortunes... The Elio was going after a much different price point than Tesla. I mean, sub-$8,000 is a hard target to hit and there just isn't a new-car option available for some lower income people. At 84 MPG, the Elio would be really close if not cheaper to drive than the Cybertruck just on fuel/electricity costs. Anyway, going on an enthusiast forum just to be an ass is just making yourself an ass and making someone else's world a little darker.
Reminds me of the Sinclair C5

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
There's no reason you couldn't put a box on the back of a Cyrbertruck. It may not have 'traditional rails' but it does have a deck and the 'exoskeleton' is the rails.

-Crissa

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
Makes sense. The cybertruck is going to slash their cost down so might as well keep the ball rolling with other models.
I don't know. Mercedes-Benz makes so many models that I can't keep up -- but seem to know what they're doing. Conversely, GM has to cancel one model (or a whole line of models) after another.

craz

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Personally I think only the CT/Wolverine will have the “Cyber” look, but I do think Tesla is trying to eliminate paint shops and simplify the stamping process on their other vehicles. There are lots of lessons that will be learned from the CT that can improve future non-“Cyber” vehicles.
Sponsored