restyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5
Country flag
This Jet suit has been on the news in the UK today
Couple of these would fit nicely in the back ready for all emergencies
They're currently trialing it for Paramedic / mountain rescues in the Lake District (the wet mountainous bit in NW England)

Screen Shot 09-29-20 at 10.22 PM.PNG
Sponsored

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I have experience in SAR (Search and Rescue). The trouble I see with this is 1) flight control will be tiring and use a lot of upper arm strength. 2) In the scenario shown, you would need to get that injured person out. He is not strapping the victim to his chest and flying away. Would need a second rescuer or a helicopter for extra personnel and/or ride out. Just send the chopper in the first place.

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
...you would need to get that injured person out. He is not strapping the victim to his chest and flying away. Would need a second rescuer or a helicopter for extra personnel and/or ride out. Just send the chopper in the first place.
...The chopper can't land everywhere, and all that time that you're bringing a transport for the patient is time that the paramedic could be assessing and prepping the patient.

In our mountain community, there's only one place a helicopter can land. It's the park at the bottom of my hill. They send the chopper there while an ambulance has to climb the hills then carry the patient back.

The paramedics don't ride in an ambulance. They arrive in a big firetruck which can climb the hills quickly and carry the equipment to scale cliffs to get to patients.

-Crissa

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
These can fly for like 10 minutes before needing more fuel. Seems extremely limiting

OP
OP
restyle

restyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5
Country flag
These can fly for like 10 minutes before needing more fuel. Seems extremely limiting
Considering the Jetpack developed by Bell Aerospace & flown at the 1984 Olympics cost millions in development & could only fly for 30 seconds - yes 30 seconds, I have no problem with one that can fly for several minutes (the latest Mk3 version actually lasts for 7 minutes)
:cool:

DarinCT

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3, CT triM
Country flag
Here's a different but similar thing. The only reason I like this is that there's a whole backstory about electric and BMW. Big on pump, thin on details but lots of fun.

OP
OP
restyle

restyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5
Country flag
Here's a different but similar thing. The only reason I like this is that there's a whole backstory about electric and BMW. Big on pump, thin on details but lots of fun.
Looks good, but as you say, very light on details - reckon its got about 30 seconds of usable thrust.

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
Considering the Jetpack developed by Bell Aerospace & flown at the 1984 Olympics cost millions in development & could only fly for 30 seconds - yes 30 seconds, I have no problem with one that can fly for several minutes (the latest Mk3 version actually lasts for 7 minutes)
:cool:
It's impressive, I guess. But my point is for actual use in the real world I doubt it will be the best option, maybe in another 30 years?

FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag
It could be cool with a slight aluminum alloy frame that could retain the jets, and a computer that micro adjusts like the human arm, but frees EMS to treat and otherwise ride in a modified seat... providing a long spine board beside, balancing the vehicle. The LSB could be slid on it's side between them, and a seat could fold out to hold a patient that cannot lay down. Everyone strap in for the ride of your life.

I think the computer could be very valuable for both offering excellent flight habits to a minimal craft, but also being a resource for the EMS personnel, along with gathering and storing patient information - maybe an EKG for heart patients, etc. So many possibilities, but a frame is really needed to free up EMS, and to have options for the patient.

Edit in: I was also thinking a frame could be cool in the event someone is very large, and EMS cannot ride with, EMS could strap them in, and this could be made to fly autonomously. peace

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
But, will I still be able to hold my beer mug while using a personal air jet pack?

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
But, will I still be able to hold my beer mug while using a personal air jet pack?
You can hold your mug but there is no guarantee the beer will still be there when you land.
Sponsored