Man Arrested Before Delivery Event For His Threat.... Reason For "Rushed" Event?

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Florida man arrested for terrorist threats targeting Tesla event

According to arrest documents, 20 days before the event, a Tesla Security Operations Manager reported threatening messages sent in an Instagram group chat that said:
"But yeah, so at the Tesla event, I’m planning an attack, so up to you guys to stop me."
"I plan on killing people at that event, OK. November 30, and I would like you to do something about it, so I don’t have to."
"I wanna die."
"I need to be stopped."
Travis County deputies took the threats seriously and started investigating, finding the phone number and name of the person associated with the Instagram account.
https://news.yahoo.com/florida-man-arrested-terrorist-threats-020906660.html
Sponsored

OP
OP
cvalue13

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
PS: the xwitter verse is suggesting that this is why the event “felt rushed” etc.

That sort it thinking doesn’t make sense to, if only from the perspective of the content and length of prior delivery events.

Also, if after this guy was arrested there was any remaining concern for safety, and Tesla still held the event?

Not the first time the xwitter influencers think they’re making helpful excuses for Tesla when really they’re accidentally indicting Tesla in poor decision making.

I don’t think there are any excuses needed in the first. Musk isn’t a great presenter, the delivery event content and length is in line with prior events, there was a lot of content (and not much left unaddressed that wasn’t as usual left to the website/press), and Tesla wouldn’t have held a “rushed” event if there was a legit concern for safety - they wouldn’t have held the event at all.

C T Rick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Dodge Sprinter 3500, 2015 Nissan NV 3500, 2013 Chevy Traverse
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
Country flag
Glad he was taken into custody prior to the event. I felt safe the entire time in Texas and especially in and around the factory tour. The amout of Tesla employees that were on hand to host this event was incrediable. A Big thanks has to go out to the entire Tesla team for putting this together.

I appreciate the Hospitality that was shown to us as visitors to your State and factory.

Now lets turn the assembly line back on and start pumping out the Trucks.

Rick
Sponsored