Any of my fellow MN here?
Sponsored

Flad11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck someday
Country flag
Hello. I ordered a dual motor but I’m WAY down on the reservation list. What about you? I’m near the twin cities.

OP
OP
m.delmed129

m.delmed129

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, LR, DM, FSD. Cybertruck Res.
Country flag
Hello. I ordered a dual motor but I’m WAY down on the reservation list. What about you? I’m near the twin cities.
Glad to see another Twin Cities area future CT owner in here!

I’m in Woodbury myself.

I have two reservations, one at around 8800, and one at around 10,000 compared to the hypothetical starting point!

I have one set for Tri-Motor, and one set for Dual motor. Still making up my mind on which to go after. Tri Motor is more than I want to spend, but, may be worth it in the long haul, as I don’t plan on buying a new vehicle long after this.

Flad11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck someday
Country flag
I’m in Apple valley and my number is close to 700,000. So you’ll likely have yours a few years before mine.

I’d love to have the range of the tri but it is a lot of extra money for it. And there doesn’t look like too many charging stations in MN yet.

Do you currently have a Tesla?

OP
OP
m.delmed129

m.delmed129

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I do own a Model 3 now. I’m in Apple Valley often! I recommend installing a charger in the garage. Charging at home is plenty for day to day, and precharging before going to the cabin. Once there, trickle charge with a 20amp outlet. Highly recommend you get at least a NEMA 14-50 in the garage.

Dual motor will give me similar performance to my Model 3, but will give me significantly more utility.

Regarding stations around:
I took mine up to Duluth in December. Hit a supercharger in town, and made it back fine.
I find them well spaced throughout the city, not quite like gas stations. Starting everyday from home with exactly how much charge you need, or can use before you have to stop, is big.

If you need any references for electricians let me know.

Flad11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck someday
Country flag
I was planning on adding onto our garage so I could have room to park the CT in the garage. With the thought of installing a charging station, but the one quote I have so far is really high. So it’s a work in progress.

OP
OP
m.delmed129

m.delmed129

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Oh nice! Yeah, I went with a family friend, that’s a Master Electrician, that was just starting to branch out on his own.
He ran a new 50amp (ready for 60amp) from my basement to my garage (opposite sides) and it was a little over $500.

H20

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck trimotor
Occupation
Plumbing foreman
Country flag
Hi fellow minnesotans, I'm in Little Canada, and ordered the tri-motor, although I'm considering dropping it to a dual-motor. It's a tough call, I like the range of the tri-motor but it really depends on how this crazy economy is when my reservation at 400,000 is done.

OP
OP
m.delmed129

m.delmed129

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Welcome to the thread H20. I will say, as a current Tesla owner, the build and some tweaks happen throughout production, that actually leads to better product in the later RNs and fulfilled vehicles.

Model 3 they changed seats, and bottom seat height/angle in back because the seat didn’t sit off the floor far enough for comfort, along with some other changes to reduce noise. Being later in the queue isn’t always a bad thing!

I’m in the same boat on the economics of the tri-motor and dual motor. We will see where I am financially when the time comes, but I know the Dual Motor is feasible, as it will be similar to cost of my Model 3.

If I do in fact get mine much earlier than you guys, perhaps we will have to all meet up and you guys can get some test drives in well before you are set to configure.

H20

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck trimotor
Occupation
Plumbing foreman
Country flag
That would be great! I ordered mine about a month after reveal. I'm dying to see one up close. Please keep me informed when yours comes in.

Flad11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck someday
Country flag
That would be great. I’m also curious as to the different options when it hits production.

anyone thinking of getting the quad with it as well?

Reactions: H20

H20

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck trimotor
Occupation
Plumbing foreman
Country flag
I signed up for FSD, and am considering solar tonneau cover with sails. However, I wonder if snow and dark winter nights make that choice a bad one in Minnesota.

OP
OP
m.delmed129

m.delmed129

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Will definitely keep you posted. I’m intrigued by the quad, although I’m not sure I would get a ton of use from one. Would still make for a fun toy to have.

@H20 I also put FSD on. Currently have it on my Model 3, and while it’s not without some interaction, it is GREAT for long drives, and traffic.

H20

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck trimotor
Occupation
Plumbing foreman
Country flag
Thanks! It seems FSD is moving quickly these days, I read it will soon read speed limit signs and navigate round-a-bouts. I'm also interested in the quad, I wonder if they will offer a rack for storage or a winch on it?

QuintDooleySD

First Name
Quint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Escape
Occupation
Sales trainer
Country flag
Glad to see another Twin Cities area future CT owner in here!

I’m in Woodbury myself.

I have two reservations, one at around 8800, and one at around 10,000 compared to the hypothetical starting point!

I have one set for Tri-Motor, and one set for Dual motor. Still making up my mind on which to go after. Tri Motor is more than I want to spend, but, may be worth it in the long haul, as I don’t plan on buying a new vehicle long after this.
On every Tesla post most owners usually say they are happy they went for the longer range. Or they say they wish they would have gone for the longer range. I predict that the CT will come with the heat pump that is on the Y. That is a very big detail for those of us living in the cold weather. I live in Sioux Falls SD and you know what the winter is like on batteries. I think we will need the 500 mile range especially if you pull anything. Just sharing a few thoughts. My reservation is for the Tri motor around 24,800. What time would you predict for delivery? I am guessing April to July 2022
Sponsored