Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck trimotor
Occupation
Plumbing foreman
Country flag
I'm guessing you will get yours in 2021, if the factory is built this year, they plan on producing 200k-400k cybertrucks per year. Either way they should hit the 24,800 mark in the first year. So maybe August 2021? I'm also super psyched about the heat pump and octo-valve created the warmest and most efficeint heating system in any vehicle ever made.
Sponsored

OP
OP
m.delmed129

m.delmed129

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, LR, DM, FSD. Cybertruck Res.
Country flag
On every Tesla post most owners usually say they are happy they went for the longer range. Or they say they wish they would have gone for the longer range. I predict that the CT will come with the heat pump that is on the Y. That is a very big detail for those of us living in the cold weather. I live in Sioux Falls SD and you know what the winter is like on batteries. I think we will need the 500 mile range especially if you pull anything. Just sharing a few thoughts. My reservation is for the Tri motor around 24,800. What time would you predict for delivery? I am guessing April to July 2022
I went for Long Range Model 3, and I’m glad I did. It’s all about whether or not I can afford the additional 20K, when the time comes.

I agree that more range would be better, and especially for trips, and while towing. I went through the winter with my Model 3, although I do find the supercharger network to be sufficient enough. Admittedly I wouldn’t want to have to stop that much.

I think there is more to the range figures than they’re saying right now. I’m thinking the truck will start production in Q3 of next year..so..I may have a chance at getting mine before end of 2021 perhaps.

Reactions: H20

H20

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck trimotor
Occupation
Plumbing foreman
Country flag
Honestly Tesla usually delivers better than the prototype in every situation. I assume that they had the million mile battery in mind when they announced the specs at the unveil. However I would not be surprised if each version of the cybertruck ends up with longer range than previously stated. It's likely that they promised what they believed to be the lowest range possible after the battery change, and we will get much more.

Flad11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck someday
Country flag
what other costs will there be for the cybertruck? Is there a dealer fee, delivery fee? I know there will be taxes and licensing fees. Just wondering about any other charges that people may not factor in when budgeting.

OP
OP
m.delmed129

m.delmed129

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
what other costs will there be for the cybertruck? Is there a dealer fee, delivery fee? I know there will be taxes and licensing fees. Just wondering about any other charges that people may not factor in when budgeting.
Always add in the Destination and Doc fee, usually $1200.

I would also plan on any charging infrastructure costs now. Best to get ahead of it, and either get it installed earlier, rather than later, or build that into your budgeting plan. I personally had my house set up with room to upgrade my current 50amp outlet to a 60amp if I choose to go with a Tesla Wall Charger at any point. I’m currently just using the included Mobile Connector they provide, and a NEMA 14-50 plug they used to include (separate purchase now). My electrician wired up an outlet in my garage, that can easily be converted to a Wall Charger set up.

I will be revisiting this, as I don’t know that the CT will fit in my garage, and am planning on getting an outdoor charging set up into my plans.

OP
OP
m.delmed129

m.delmed129

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Realized I had this, and would show a pretty good breakdown of costs. Cost overall for the Dual Motor CT is similar to the cost of my Model 3 at time of purchase. Where I paid 2K for paint..I paid 2K less for FSD. I can imagine the 2K for paint could be a tow package on CT order screen. Solar Tonneau 3-5K I would guess. I would add at least 5-6K just for potential options.

Tesla Cybertruck Minnesota FEB4EFB0-70FF-4388-8945-BAD002A95B04

Treddle

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volkswagen
Occupation
Commercial Driver
Country flag
On every Tesla post most owners usually say they are happy they went for the longer range. Or they say they wish they would have gone for the longer range. I predict that the CT will come with the heat pump that is on the Y. That is a very big detail for those of us living in the cold weather. I live in Sioux Falls SD and you know what the winter is like on batteries. I think we will need the 500 mile range especially if you pull anything. Just sharing a few thoughts. My reservation is for the Tri motor around 24,800. What time would you predict for delivery? I am guessing April to July 2022
I just ordered a Dual Motor with FSD on July 20th. I am either 961,000th or 659,000th order. My guess on delivery is five years from now. They will break ground on the new factory probably at the end of 2020. It will take them a year to build the factory. Production will begin early 2022 and deliver maybe 50,000 units. The second year of production 2023 they will deliver 120k to 150k units. If i am indeed number 659k - five years out.

OP
OP
m.delmed129

m.delmed129

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just ordered a Dual Motor with FSD on July 20th. I am either 961,000th or 659,000th order. My guess on delivery is five years from now. They will break ground on the new factory probably at the end of 2020. It will take them a year to build the factory. Production will begin early 2022 and deliver maybe 50,000 units. The second year of production 2023 they will deliver 120k to 150k units. If i am indeed number 659k - five years out.
I’m feeling good about Q3/Q4 2021 deliveries being started. Site has been selected as of their Q2 results, and prep is underway. I’m calling earlier than anticipated deliveries on small scale, and scaling through 2021. You may see yours in 3 years as I’m assuming a healthy majority won’t even configure when it’s their time.

Regardless of that, we at least have a few of us in the state that may get them sooner, but my offer will stand once I get mine! Happy to let any of the MN crew get hands on with it, if I get mine sooner than the others!

Treddle

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volkswagen
Occupation
Commercial Driver
Country flag
I’m feeling good about Q3/Q4 2021 deliveries being started. Site has been selected as of their Q2 results, and prep is underway. I’m calling earlier than anticipated deliveries on small scale, and scaling through 2021. You may see yours in 3 years as I’m assuming a healthy majority won’t even configure when it’s their time.

Regardless of that, we at least have a few of us in the state that may get them sooner, but my offer will stand once I get mine! Happy to let any of the MN crew get hands on with it, if I get mine sooner than the others!
I have never seen what the ratio of reservations to orders on the Model Y. Seems to me there was a $1000 down to reserve. I would guess the ratio would be roughly the same for the cybertruck. There were lots of reservations that had more than one unit ordered.
Out if curiosity, do you think Tesla will have enabled VtoG by the time the cybertruck is released?

OP
OP
m.delmed129

m.delmed129

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have never seen what the ratio of reservations to orders on the Model Y. Seems to me there was a $1000 down to reserve. I would guess the ratio would be roughly the same for the cybertruck. There were lots of reservations that had more than one unit ordered.
Out if curiosity, do you think Tesla will have enabled VtoG by the time the cybertruck is released?
I think you’ll see the ratio lower with Cybertruck, just simply for the fact that at $100, almost anyone can place a low risk placeholder on a “dream” vehicle. Keeping in mind a lot of things change financially for people over the course of 2-5 years, and other entrants could persuade more buyers away. Additionally, I personally have 2 reservations (previously 6 accidentally), one for dual, and one for tri. My hope is that I will be able to afford the Tri, however, in my current situation the Dual is a direct replacement of my Model 3 in range, performance, and cost, with more space and utility.

I don’t think Tesla is targeting VtoG as much as people are hoping. I think Battery day will have serious implications for the currently advertised ranges, and could open the door for VtoG. The big risk associated with VtoG, will be the lifetime of the battery pack..which again, their advancements in that area could set the stage for a million mile battery, which would give them the tolerances/viability to use the battery in other ways.

OP
OP
m.delmed129

m.delmed129

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hello,
Cyber Pete in Duluth. Dual or Tri with FSD. RN 113281084 placed 2-17-20
Welcome Pete! I’ll definitely be taking my CT up to the north shore. Was a great drive in my Model 3 in December.

Treddle

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volkswagen
Occupation
Commercial Driver
Country flag
Welcome Pete! I’ll definitely be taking my CT up to the north shore. Was a great drive in my Model 3 in December.
That sounds like a nice trip! I will have to look up chargers up that way.
I own a few shares of Tesla stock and am raising my eyebrows at how well they have done. At the end of trading today I will own five times as many shares as I did at the start of the day!

OP
OP
m.delmed129

m.delmed129

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That sounds like a nice trip! I will have to look up chargers up that way.
I own a few shares of Tesla stock and am raising my eyebrows at how well they have done. At the end of trading today I will own five times as many shares as I did at the start of the day!
You have a few options! I was able to go from Woodbury, and hit the one in Duluth proper. It’s a little different than others, as it’s in the Holiday Inn parking ramp, and you just go to the Front Desk to validate your parking.

Hinckley also has one right off the highway.

I also have some shares, but wish this growth would happen post split vs before. Give the stock even more room to grow, by having it start at a $300 per share price, vs $400.

Turbo-D

First Name
Doran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti FX
Occupation
Automotive Ecommerce
Country flag
Just got signed up on the board today. I put my order right after the event; hopefully the initial kinks will be worked out by the time I take delivery.

Also, I have a NEMA 14-50 set up for our AirBnB guests in Duluth: https://airbnb.com/h/duluth. Come up and see the Fall colors (and get charged up).
Sponsored