Mirrors on Semi have cameras! Will Cybertruck have same?

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
Looks like 3 cameras. possible for viewing/recording/navigating, objects next to vehicles like all the other Tesla vehicles for self-driving awareness too.

📷

nitrohuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri Motor Cybertruck
Country flag
Personally I hope they dont given that my understanding was they were trying to make the mirrors easily removably by the end user...

Assuming they follow through with that I'll be popping those mirrors off day 1 of ownership

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
"Mirrors on Semi have cameras! Will Cybertruck have same?"

For most of my adult life I was either in the Army or a Commercial Driver.
Putting the driver in the center of the Tesla Semi was the dumbest engineering design flaw I have ever seen in a Commercial Vehicle and I have seen some doozies.
Backing that beast into a tight loading dock is going to be a bitch kitty if you can't open the window, stick your head out and watch the left rear of the trailer.
Blind side backing is not going to be any easier.
Many times I have opened the door and stood on the running board to stick a trailer in a tight hole.
Since Tesla is shooting for FSD in the Semi my complaint may be a moot point at some time in the future.
Our nanny state government fixed commercial trucking until it was broken.
That's why half the drivers out there today can't find their asses with both hands and a lot of them can't even speak English.
You know why there is a Commercial Driver shortage?
Because the old drivers either quit the road completely or moved to local haulage to keep from having to use the E-logs.
I still have a Class A CDL but as long as people are throwing aluminum cans out on the road I'll never get in a Commercial rig again.

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
These cameras are just a stepping stone for the Level 5 Autopilot for the future.
Sponsored