Will the Cybertruck have adaptive headlights?

Will the Cybertruck be equipped with adaptive headlights?

• No

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Not initially, but probably later.

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 32 61.5%
  • I have no idea what adaptive headlights are.

Votes: 11 21.2%

• Total voters

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
That is so cool!
If you think that is cool and it is you might like this even more!
With a fine enough matrix it is possible to dim the lights that are reflecting off snowflakes or rain drops while driving making it look like they disappear....
Sponsored

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
The CT light bar is and always was adaptive headlight tech. The question was would they be allowed to use it.
Modern adaptive lights are a led matrix they do not steer a lens. They selectively light segments that are projecting a certain distance and direction and have a camera that monitors to darken sections that would blind.

Model Y and Model 3 refresh even in the USA has led matrix headlights. They are just disabled from adaptive mode.
I deleted my comment because I hadn't watched the video of what adaptive technology they were talking about. I was talking about this headlights which steer the headlight aim with the steering wheel, which rotate the LED bulb in fixture.

I've never heard of this implementation which dims sections of the light beam. That is pretty cool and I look forward to not being blinded by everyone who installs obnoxiously harsh led bulbs into their fixtures but refuses to adjust the aim of the fixture to appropriate legal requirements.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I love how Tesla builds standardized vehicles with all the best tech and then can enable disable that tech, based on legal requirements of the location. And can dynamically change those settings over the air so that there is no need to upgrade your vehicle with a service stop. Imagine the CT has adaptive headlights that are not allowed to adapt in the US. But at some point in the future, the law changes, and voila, millions of Tesla's suddenly have adaptive headlights that adapt. Seems like that kind of sudden change would actually be noticeable to drivers who are regularly out at night.

flowerlandfilms

First Name
Eryk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yamaha SRV-250, Honda Odyssey RB1
Occupation
Film Maker
Country flag
Tucker invented turnable headlights for the Torpedo.
So the big three lobbied to make them illegal.