FranzFASTBALL

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang, 2010 Ford Flex
Country flag
To me the real gaffe in the Tesla reveal is not the broken windows, but rather it was the venue in which they decided to debut it.

Tesla needs to try and convince truck people that this is the must have truck, and the best way to do that would have been to debut a Baja race version. IMO they needed to really showcase the trucks potential rather then something that more closely resembled it's planned production model. If Baja won't work due to electric limitations, then pick some competitive Motorsport competition to dominate with the Truck as a debut.

Looking at this mock up it's easy to see the potential the Cybertruck has to win over legit car peeps, like myself, and not just please the Tesla fanboys. Tesla can still accomplish this before the actual launch but it's a much tougher road ahead now then it could have been.

Perhaps if they handled the debut better they would have never had to experience Friday's 6% stock dip.

Tesla Cybertruck Missed opportunity for Tesla Screenshot_20191123-082528~2
Sponsored

TeslaTorque

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
It would have been great to simultaneously reveal a Suburban-like CyberSUV with third row seating. This would probably be in more demand than what most think is a pseudo-truck.

I’m a Elon and Tesla fan, but brief presentation was really not great except jaw dropping visually. While I love Motorsport idea, they could have also highlighted intriguing CyberTruck modular capabilities or single cab variant for actual work. It’s going to be a long 2 years, but we are all on the random number list.

Tesla Cybertruck Missed opportunity for Tesla nco-prototype-camouflage-hides-secrets-easter-eggs

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP

FranzFASTBALL

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang, 2010 Ford Flex
Country flag
I'd be the target demo for a third row suv, have been really considering the Lincoln Aviator, but once I realized that a 6 passenger truck would suit our interior needs I knew this truck would be perfect for us.
Sponsored