Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, Model X P100D
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
Honestly, the Y is just an amazingly competent vehicle. You won't be disappointed.

You will eat some depreciation, that's the reality. I bought a 22 Y Performance pretty much at the peak The only thing that saved me is I got top dollar for my trade which I sold to a car buying service. But watching the MSRP of the Y drop like a stone since has been a little depressing.

Saying that, I get in it, it just goes where I want it, does it blindly fast. I can fit large amounts of stuff in it, it's easy to drive just about everywhere thanks to the super chargers and the efficiency of the Y. The software gets better and better, one of my favorite newer features is the predictive destinations capability where it suggests likely destinations. I've been impressed by how accurate it is, really aligns with Musk's, all input is error, mantra. That's just one tiny improvement that has dropped since I got it.

Even the light show brings a smile to everyone's faces during the holidays, it's silly, but what's wrong with that?

I'm in no rush to get the CT, I mean, I am but the Y is so good I don't mind hanging on for some time and letting the kinks be worked out in the CT.
Sponsored

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
What is this a NIKE commercial? Sorry, jK 😁

Seriously, If you can't ask for advice and guidance from a couple of hundred likeminded auto enthusiasts, who can you ask? Your brother-in-law? o_O

I don't mind asking, I don't mind giving and I don't mind receiving. "Your" opinion is simply another data point in my final decision.

I like the suggestion to wait another week and a half. That does sound like a lot of depreciation on your Jaguar? My last JAG was a 2015 XKR that I (REALLY) regret selling it.
I caught that Nike reference as I posted it. Which I found funny too. But if you look at his original post. He asked, "should I do it".
So, I answered his question (sorta). I guess I kinda let my frustration out on this. This forum isn't nearly as fun for me as it used to be. There was a time (up until a few months ago) that I would pretty much read every comment. And there weren't massive amounts of new comments and questions that are just a waste of time. I've been on this forum for almost 4 years, and a lot of the old timers that I enjoyed, just aren't around anymore. Thank goodness for CyberGus and several others who are still here. I now look and see who wrote the posts and click on the ones by people I find interesting (mostly).

Sorry for the rant.:)

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Honestly, the Y is just an amazingly competent vehicle. You won't be disappointed.
No doubt. If I decide to NOT get the CT, we trade both model 3’s for a Y with trailer hitch and a couple trailers. It would be the financially prudent decision, but my lizard brain may win.., 😎

OP
OP
AkaCarioca

AkaCarioca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y (Nov 22nd 2023), CT (Waiting)
Occupation
Salesforce Advisor Evangelist
Country flag

You will eat some depreciation, that's the reality. I bought a 22 Y Performance pretty much at the peak The only thing that saved me is I got top dollar for my trade which I sold to a car buying service. But watching the MSRP of the Y drop like a stone since has been a little depressing.

Saying that, I get in it, it just goes where I want it, does it blindly fast. I can fit large amounts of stuff in it, it's easy to drive just about everywhere thanks to the super chargers and the efficiency of the Y. The software gets better and better, one of my favorite newer features is the predictive destinations capability where it suggests likely destinations. I've been impressed by how accurate it is, really aligns with Musk's, all input is error, mantra. That's just one tiny improvement that has dropped since I got it.

Even the light show brings a smile to everyone's faces during the holidays, it's silly, but what's wrong with that?

I'm in no rush to get the CT, I mean, I am but the Y is so good I don't mind hanging on for some time and letting the kinks be worked out in the CT.
Thank you. As I explained before, I have no idea when I will get the CT nor how the stock will go, so I rather take a decent model (My 1st EV) now, paid in full, and enjoy it until the CT comes available to me.

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
Folks:

I have a 2017 Jaguar FPace diesel with 75K miles, and lately it has given me too many issues.
I found a brand new model Y that I really liked it, can get $12K on the Jaguar as a trade-in and pay the balance in cash.

1. Model Y Performance Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
  2. Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
  3. Performance Upgrade
  4. 21’’ Überturbine Wheels
  5. All Black Premium Interior
  6. Five Seat Interior
  7. Autopilot

Should I do it? Will it devalue too fast until I get the Cybertruck? I can get this car as early as this week and would appreciate your advice.
Thanks!
We aren't in vastly different situations. We're looking for a possible interim Tesla before the CT delivery. I don't have a single car I'm looking at. I am going to get something after the next announcement(s) (CT and M3+) I'm looking forward to having a Tesla to drive while I wait for the CT. Is it going to hold its value until the CT? Who knows. I'm not really worried. I'm going to get something that I want, and have a blast driving it until I start having fun driving the CT.

OP
OP
AkaCarioca

AkaCarioca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Any current Tesla owners that could share a referral link?
I am at the dealer and they asked me for one, before I place my order.

Thanks

OP
OP
AkaCarioca

AkaCarioca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

almostakeeper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 silverado
Country flag
I'm a nudge away from being in the same boat as the OP. My CT order is supposedly filled in June of 2026 (Elon time) which means closer to 2027 and beyond. At 67 now, needing a truck in my golden years is a crap shoot and the Juniper could be the winning roll of the dice.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I'm a nudge away from being in the same boat as the OP. My CT order is supposedly filled in June of 2026 (Elon time) which means closer to 2027 and beyond. At 67 now, needing a truck in my golden years is a crap shoot and the Juniper could be the winning roll of the dice.
Tesla took 4 years to get to the millionth Model 3, two and a half years to get to the millionth Model Y.

Give the, time, they'll get there if there's demand. And you'll probably get served sometime in 2025 anyhow, if you pay attention to the forum.

-Crissa

OP
OP
AkaCarioca

AkaCarioca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I took delivery today (November 22nd) and got a last-minute $2,600 discount.
Now the patience to learn all the features.

OP
OP
AkaCarioca

AkaCarioca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Here in Land O Lakes FL, I am getting diesel for less than $4.00 a gallon.
I loved my Jaguar FPace, but it was 6 years old, 75K miles, out of warranty and started to give me too much problems.

ThisFriday I will see the CT at the Tampa store.

OP
OP
AkaCarioca

AkaCarioca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
For those of you that own the model Y (or any other Tesla model with 21” wheels), do you have/recommend any brand of rim protection? I feel like going thru a ATM drive-thru can be an accident waiting to happen.
Sponsored