donnyb

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Foundation AWD, Model Y
Country flag
I wonder if anyone else had their delivery location in a different city. I got an invite on 12/8 to configure my CT. I placed the order on 12/23 after thinking about it. I went through the steps on the app after ordering and don't remember it asking me about the center for delivery. I am in Sacramento and we have 3 centers in the area, but my delivery center is in Dublin, which seems odd. The information is in Registration Details in the app.

**I want to update this, after talking to my wife more she explained that the 3 service centers I initially, thought were the only places getting deliveries were wrong. the three service centers are the ones that have gotten deliveries as of the day she talked to them. Guess it doesn't really explain why my delivery service center is in Dublin.** Sorry for the misunderstanding
Sponsored

Last edited:

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
I wonder if anyone else had their delivery location in a different city. I got an invite on 12/8 to configure my CT. I placed the order on 12/23 after thinking about it. I went through the steps on the app after ordering and don't remember it asking me about the center for delivery. I am in Sacramento and we have 3 centers in the area, but my delivery center is in Dublin, which seems odd. The information is in Registration Details in the app.
You could try calling or stopping by a store. But I have a feeling that the Foundation deliveries are being limited to a few delivery centers. And it appears as if Foundation trucks are being limited by state.

At least to me it does.

OP
OP
donnyb

donnyb

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You could try calling or stopping by a store. But I have a feeling that the Foundation deliveries are being limited to a few delivery centers. And it appears as if Foundation trucks are being limited by state.

At least to me it does.
I didn't even realize it was being delivered in a different city until I was at my local service center. I was asking if they could see anything on a delivery window. He told me he could not, but said my CT would be delivered in Dublin.

Cold.Truth

First Name
Big A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 CT AWD, 1987 Carerra, 2016 Triumph Thruxton R
Occupation
I.T. Project Management
Country flag
Hi, I looked in the Tesla App and it shows my (new) Tesla service center, which is in an adjacent city, Bernalillo, NM, which is about 6 miles (11 min) away so that’s awesome, as I used to drive 45-50 miles to the north to Santa Fe, NM for service. The “Delivery address” shows my home - I don’t remember having a choice for a delivery center either, but I prefer the Service center so I’ll try to change the delivery to there.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
I didn't even realize it was being delivered in a different city until I was at my local service center. I was asking if they could see anything on a delivery window. He told me he could not, but said my CT would be delivered in Dublin.
I suspect that at the very bottom of the screen you see "We'll let you know if you're eligible for home delivery when it's time to schedule"

OP
OP
donnyb

donnyb

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I suspect that at the very bottom of the screen you see "We'll let you know if you're eligible for home delivery when it's time to schedule"
it does, but I’ll just pick it up when my number comes up. I would have went to Texas if that was an option.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
it does, but I’ll just pick it up when my number comes up. I would have went to Texas if that was an option.
You may not have the option.

OP
OP
donnyb

donnyb

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Update: My wife was in Dublin and she stopped by the Tesla service center and the CT on display was out charging. She got a closer look at it and may have put some fingerprints on it. LOL. She asked the service rep about why our CT will be delivered to Dublin. He said only 3 places in California are doing deliveries of the CT right now, Fremont, Dublin, and I can't remember the last one. She asked how many had been delivered at the Tesla Dublin, he said 20 or so. He believes most were employees but could not confirm it.

Cold.Truth

First Name
Big A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 CT AWD, 1987 Carerra, 2016 Triumph Thruxton R
Occupation
I.T. Project Management
Country flag
That's pretty interesting that they would deliver it to both Fremont and Dublin. I would guess the third center would be somewhere in southern California. Strategically I would include Rocklin California to deliver to the Sacramento region instead of having two delivery service centers that are both located in the Bay Area, but that's just me. I took delivery of my model S (P85+) at the Fremont factory back in 2013. It was fun because I got to tour the factory. :)

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Update: My wife was in Dublin and she stopped by the Tesla service center and the CT on display was out charging. She got a closer look at it and may have put some fingerprints on it. LOL. She asked the service rep about why our CT will be delivered to Dublin. He said only 3 places in California are doing deliveries of the CT right now, Fremont, Dublin, and I can't remember the last one. She asked how many had been delivered at the Tesla Dublin, he said 20 or so. He believes most were employees but could not confirm it.
Thanks for the update, seems my intuition may have been correct!

It sounded if the deliveries may have been limited and someone else mentioned the Service Shop needing training, and that made a lot of sense.

Celiboy

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2022 Model Y, 2024 AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Country flag
I live in the Central Valley and it says my delivery will be in Gilroy. Not sure if that was the third you were missing.

drewm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y7LR, 2024 Cybertruck Beast
Country flag
Sunnyvale is also a delivery location as there's a delivery happening 1/11 along with 2 others I know who got VINs and the location shows Sunnyvale. Seems like there's more than 3 locations.

OP
OP
donnyb

donnyb

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sunnyvale is also a delivery location as there's a delivery happening 1/11 along with 2 others I know who got VINs and the location shows Sunnyvale. Seems like there's more than 3 locations.
Looks like I was wrong, the 3 service centers had received CT as of the day my wife talked to them.