Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer, Toyota Prius
Occupation
Self Employed
Country flag
Hey yall!

So, Ive never been interested in cars or trucks AT ALL. I basically grew up in a dealership and that seemed to of made me numb to cars. My dad has owned and ran new car dealerships my entire life, so they would always drive new and different cars. Ive always thought it was weird that I never had an interest in cars. I drive a 2013 Prius now because its practical and I don’t care what people think (I’m a bigger, bodybuilding type guy too lol...weird looks in my prius.) Anyways, fast forward to the Cybertruck. I LOVE this thing. I think the main reason I love it is because how different it is and actually how functional it is as well....plus price. I’ve never been materialistic and try to take all of my extra money and invest in assets and not things like cars, but this thing is different. I have a concrete business so I can justify writing this off and using it for business as well.

I guess I’m drawn to the cybertruck because its different. Ive never drove a car that got attention so I’m just wondering what that will be like. Have any of you ever drove a car that garnered a lot of attention? My wife doesn’t like it for that reason. I live in a very conservative area (middle GA) and I’m thinking most people will think this thing is Ridiculous. These older southerners are going to give me strange looks with me pulling up on the construction sites in this thing lol. Whatever though.

Im 35, so I grew up playing video games, and a love for the 80s. This thing is part batmobile part back to the future time machine, part something you’d see in a video game. PERFECT! I also have two little boys who would absolutely love it. I love the screen and how simple the interior is...I’m a tech guy so this is right up my alley. Anyways I’m glad to be here, and can’t wait for some news!
Sponsored

Rick'sCT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Its certainly polarizing. Glad to hear you found the one for you.
This will be my first vehicle that will really stand out. I am a little concerned I might not like all the attention I could see the CT getting. However, you having your own business it could be a great thing. People will certainly notice and they might want to hire the concrete company with the spaceship lol.

VI Tesla

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Cybertruck
Country flag
Our Model 3 was rare enough in our area when we bought it to get a fair amount of attention and still does, based on the sentry videos. People were mostly just curious to get a peak inside. We also took others for rides as they were considering purchasing.

The one pitfall I would warn you about with family and friends is just keep the Tesla fandom low key. We're not allowed to talk about electric cars/Tesla when family gets together :ROFLMAO:. It is so easy to fall down that rabbit hole, because when you drive a Tesla it just makes so much sense and you'll find you just can't stop talking about it.

Our two little girls are very excited about the CT. They already love the model 3 and burst into tears if we mention anything about trading up for the newest model.

Hope you follow through on your order, you won't regret it.

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
However, you having your own business it could be a great thing. People will certainly notice and they might want to hire the concrete company with the spaceship lol.
I've already found this to be kind of true. I usually perform service at customer sites and I've talked up my CT dreams enough that I've had multiple people ask me if I have it yet. I've also had a few customers joke that they're going to schedule a site visit just to check it out.

NiceGuyMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Occupation
Electro/Mechanical Tech
Country flag
Its certainly polarizing. Glad to hear you found the one for you.
This will be my first vehicle that will really stand out. I am a little concerned I might not like all the attention I could see the CT getting. However, you having your own business it could be a great thing.
I will rent out the sides of my truck. And it wont be cheap to put something on my doors. ?

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I have always been Gray Man. Don’t draw attention, blend into the woodwork. Always drove practical.

Aside from the looks this is as practical as you can get. I live in conservative Nebraska. There will be plenty of stares and until there are hundreds of thousands of these running about the stares will be plenty. Considering I’m at 428,000 the looks will be down. Once the word gets out about the usefulness and practicality will tell the story for you.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Have any of you ever drove a car that garnered a lot of attention? My wife doesn’t like it for that reason.
Welcome to the club. I totally get that. Once you get in your car, people no longer see you, they just see your car. No wonder cars keep looking angrier and angrier with every redesign, even some compact cars are like small dogs that constantly have to prove themselves in urban wild by looking tough. Whenever I drove my wife’s green Subaru (with duct taps on it), people saw me as a pushover tree hugger. People in $100k+ Mercedes to rednecks in rusted monster trucks became more abusive On the road. I used to lose my cool, get stupid, corner them somewhere and try to adjust their attitude but soon I learned, roads will never run out of them and if I keep doing that, I may get shot one of these days so I adjusted my own attitude and started ignoring them.

Whenever I drove my sport convertible, folks with muscle cars assumed I am there to race and we both have something to prove. They kept poking at me until they find my stupid side.

The perfect car for me was my V8 Oldsmobile Aurora. There were not many of them out there but no one ever saw me. It was completely invisible on the road. I never had anyone try to push me around or race me. If you ever needed to go somewhere fast, you just find a young dude in a flashy car, get them excited by a fly by and then let them pass, stay behind and watch their break lights for speed traps (not that I would ever keep my driving record clean at the expense of youngsters).

CT is different but far from invisible. I wouldn’t mind people that are genuinely interested and considering one come up to me and ask questions. I would be happy to spend as much time as I have with them but I dread the thought of a redneck in a monster truck tailgating me or cutting me off on the road because they know what I am thinking (I am better than they are because I am driving a Tesla or an EV) and they have to prove me wrong by freaking out my wife sitting next to me on our supposedly relaxing vacation. I am at the end of the line so I am hoping idiots will get all of that crap out of their system by the time I get mine. I have a feeling it will worth the unwanted attentio.

LoPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 DM LR
Country flag
I drove our Model 3 in the start when it drew attention, but later my wife took it. I can plenty afford a new car but I currently drive a 2009 Nissan Qashqai, originally because I was waiting for which new Tesla to choose. First thought of another Model 3 but wanted a bigger car (had a Volvo XC90 prior), but then the Y was launched, but thought a refresh of the X was due, and boom the CT. Preordered but highly uncertain when and if it comes.

Started focusing on full suspension electric mountain bikes and have spent USD 16,000 on it in the waiting time. So now after two years I’m still driving the Nissan and I’m secretly loving the dented gray and anonymous lady. It barely has Bluetooth and its turbo diesel tugs along like a tractor. Nobody notices me and I don’t care if anybody gives me another parking dent.

I know our time together is temporary though. I hope to keep experiencing the last point about not caring about dents again with the CT, but I will get noticed again. Of course I won’t care as much driving in a stainless steel tank which can turn off the road anywhere. Tinted windows could be a plus though.

If the CT won’t get sold here I will try to import a slightly used one, or get a refreshed X which is pretty common here. But the dented Qashqai will have a place in my heart, and another part will long for the CT.

I refuse to accept if you guys (and gals) disappear from here into the wilderness after your CTs arrive. I demand photos and videos and a continuing active forum talking about your CTs! ?

Last edited:

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
Hey yall!

So, Ive never been interested in cars or trucks AT ALL. I basically grew up in a dealership and that seemed to of made me numb to cars. My dad has owned and ran new car dealerships my entire life, so they would always drive new and different cars. Ive always thought it was weird that I never had an interest in cars. I drive a 2013 Prius now because its practical and I don’t care what people think (I’m a bigger, bodybuilding type guy too lol...weird looks in my prius.) Anyways, fast forward to the Cybertruck. I LOVE this thing. I think the main reason I love it is because how different it is and actually how functional it is as well....plus price. I’ve never been materialistic and try to take all of my extra money and invest in assets and not things like cars, but this thing is different. I have a concrete business so I can justify writing this off and using it for business as well.

I guess I’m drawn to the cybertruck because its different. Ive never drove a car that got attention so I’m just wondering what that will be like. Have any of you ever drove a car that garnered a lot of attention? My wife doesn’t like it for that reason. I live in a very conservative area (middle GA) and I’m thinking most people will think this thing is Ridiculous. These older southerners are going to give me strange looks with me pulling up on the construction sites in this thing lol. Whatever though.

Im 35, so I grew up playing video games, and a love for the 80s. This thing is part batmobile part back to the future time machine, part something you’d see in a video game. PERFECT! I also have two little boys who would absolutely love it. I love the screen and how simple the interior is...I’m a tech guy so this is right up my alley. Anyways I’m glad to be here, and can’t wait for some news!
Some people are leaders, others are followers. It sounds like you have always hewn your own path, regardless of what others thought. So I'm guessing you lean on the side of being a leader and if you have a Cybertruck reservation, you are about to show those Georgia folks who's the smart one that can see through the BS spewed by the mainstream media!

When they say dumb things and ask ignorant questions you can just coolly answer them with a knowing but understanding grin on your face, knowing that they don't know what you know. When they act like it's ugly, just shrug, grin a goofy, enthusiastic grin and say "I don't know man, it seems to work pretty well for me". After a while they will start to feel pretty silly and, if you take them for a ride, or, better yet, let them drive it, they will be blown away by the way it responds to every command instantly and puts them in charge. After you have been in the driver's seat of a responsive EV, there's no going back to the "mushy" gas experience or clattering slower than molasses diesels. The only reason they think their trucks are powerful is because they have never experienced anything better. They are all junk! I can't wait to get rid of mine.

Tesla Cybertruck New here! Some thoughts on Cybertruck Production Cybertruck prototype leaked

Last edited by a moderator:

TessP100D

Banned
Banned
First Name
Faris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 P100D
Country flag
Hey yall!

I like your entire story. Except for the Prius thing.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
<Snip>

So jealous. What a cool Dad. Lucky man to have the ability to share your car experience with your kids. Like your Dad did…with you.

Triglide

First Name
Tri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The CT is not only unique looking, it’s so dang futuristic looking. George Jetson like. I don’t seek attention either, but the CT seems like the right thing for me to buy. Wife thinks I’ve lost it. ?

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
The CT is not only unique looking, it’s so dang futuristic looking. George Jetson like. I don’t seek attention either, but the CT seems like the right thing for me to buy. Wife thinks I’ve lost it. ?
CT is just a step in the direction of the Jetsons. Just wait till the SpaceX version of the new Roadster comes out and hovers for her. That will be the first real Jetsons car.

TessP100D

Banned
Banned
First Name
Faris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 P100D
Country flag
CT is just a step in the direction of the Jetsons. Just wait till the SpaceX version of the new Roadster comes out and hovers for her. That will be the first real Jetsons car.
Yea. That not happening. Not in real Life. Only in Elon’s mind. I think we all love him for saying crazy stuff like that, but let’s all come back to the real world.

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
66 VW Bug, RAM 1500, Model 3, Bugatti Royale
Country flag
This vehicle is so game-changing to the world of American trucks, there will be more CTs on the road than there were VW bugs in the 70s. My prediction is that gawking will be short-lived. It won't be long before the numbers pass the F150, and Ram1500 (my current vehicle).
Sponsored