kriskeyman

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
All my current vehicles are medium sized and I have no problem parking them in the city, specifically San Francisco.

However, the only thing that may make me cancel my preorder and go with a Model Y instead is parking availability in the city.

How do folks with large vehicles find garages, etc. that will accept vehicles as large as the Cybertruck? Is there an app or site that has this info? I want it to be my daily commute vehicle, but have concerns about parking availability. I have never owned a vehicle this large.

Parking at home is no issue.
Sponsored

Garden_Aum

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius Prime, Nissan Leaf, Tri Motor Cyber Truck
Occupation
Researcher
Country flag
There are going to be some restrictions for parking where I live. For example, I was recently at the Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C.; there is ZERO chance that the CT will fit in the garage. The ceilings in their parking structure are very low. How low? The Toyota Prius barely made cleared the duct work. On the other hand, the parking garage where I work is full of full sized pickup trucks. I guess this means that after I get my CT I will have to carefully research parking garages or find other transportation into the city. Fortunately for me, there are a lot of transportation options available.

OP
OP

kriskeyman

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
It’s big, but not a monster truck. It’s literally just an F-150 size.
To be clear, it’s F-150 *SuperCab* size... which is quite large. I really wish they made a regular cab size 3 seater CT that was about 209 inches, equivalent to F-150 regular cab.

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
You should take a large truck for a test drive or rent a 4 door F150 for a weekend and drive it around to see what it is like.

chphilo

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (reserved), Tundra
Country flag
By the way, CT's height is smaller than most full size pickup truck.

I currently drive a Tundra and wife drives Nissan NVP. Mine is about the size of CT but taller and wife's van is larger and much taller.

Like everything else, you get used to the size.

When parking in a parking lot, you just have to be flexible. The spot closer to the store (or whatever) is not necessarily the easiest to get into or out of. I usually like to park away from everyone else. With parking garages, you have to remember how tall your vehicle is. Most, if not all, garages have the maximum height posted.

OP
OP

kriskeyman

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag

I currently drive a Tundra and wife drives Nissan NVP. Mine is about the size of CT but taller and wife's van is larger and much taller.

When parking in a parking lot, you just have to be flexible. The spot closer to the store (or whatever) is not necessarily the easiest to get into or out of. I usually like to park away from everyone else. With parking garages, you have to remember how tall your vehicle is. Most, if not all, garages have the maximum height posted.
With the Tundra, are most garages able to accommodate the length of the vehicle?

Devix

First Name
Fabrizio
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance
Country flag

I totally agree with you. you should be flexible

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag

Also They usually have a round pipe hanging at the entrance to show you how low your vehicle needs to be. Unfortunately one time we drove under the guide and cleared it, only to find there was ductwork inside the garage that was lower, that our car carrier hit.

OP
OP

kriskeyman

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
FWIW, I’m more concerned about the length of the CT than the height when parking in city garages. For folks with long trucks already, are most garages accommodating?

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
It is hit and miss on if a garage can accommodate. You may be able to fit vertically and width wise but parking garages can be narrow and you may find it hard to find a spot you can drive into and back out of successfully. Whee I live big trucks are common and don’t fit in many underground parkades. We have above ground parking to accommodate this. Our home garages are built bigger to accommodate the larger trucks. I will have to modify my storage in my garage to allow the CT to fit.

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
The CT is within 1 inch of length of my 2014 Silverado Crew cab and i do not seems to have any issues with it downtown Madison. Parking garages can be a little tight sometimes but with the camera and parking sensors in my current truck, I really hove 0 issues backing into or parallel parking even the tightest spaces. I am sure the CT with all its Tech will navigate these same challenges just fine

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Full size parking spaces are fine, Compact spaces are a no go. Some extremely tight basement building garages are tight for for compacts.
Parking should feel similar to parking a compact car in a compact spot.
Adjusting to the size does not take long.
Theory based on camera setup, blindspots are eliminated and proximity sensors make life easy.
The FSD option, based on description, can help by exiting the vehicle and tell it to pull in and out of the space. (Unless I read the feature incorrectly)

Cyber_Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Siennas (2)
Country flag
Around here it seems the biggest trucks solve the parking garage dilemma by parking only in 'compact only' spaces and sticking out into the middle of the aisle. :confused:
Sponsored