Poll: When will Tesla open non-FS configurator?

When will non-FS configurator open

• Total voters

Alan

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 S90D ,2014Tacoma, Cyberbeast ordered 2/13/24
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Cybertruck2024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning and Model 3
Country flag
If people are getting $72k AWD CTs before the $120K Cyberbeast is ready, that will rub some people the wrong way, perhaps enough to cancel their higher margin orders. If the FS CB isn't ready until mid-late 2024, I assume the non-FS trucks follow after that.

I also wouldn't be shocked if they transition from FS AWD, to FS CB, to non-FS CB since that's what they'll be making anyway. This will be the third highest margin vehicle, so if they are going for most money from early buyers, it's logical that's next. They will probably open orders for all non-FS AWD and CB together, but the AWD won't come off the line until all the CB demand is filled. I'll guess there's enough non-FS CB orders to get through 2024, then in early-mid 2025 they start filling AWD. The first RWD will ship in Dec25, so Tesla can say they met the RWD target.

This is the same thing they did with Model 3 and Model Y when there was limited supply. Want your car in a month? Get performance. Want the AWD, you're behind everyone who pays for the performance. In the CT case, that's the CB.

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
If people are getting $72k AWD CTs before the $120K Cyberbeast is ready, that will rub some people the wrong way, perhaps enough to cancel their higher margin orders. If the FS CB isn't ready until mid-late 2024, I assume the non-FS trucks follow after that.

I also wouldn't be shocked if they transition from FS AWD, to FS CB, to non-FS CB since that's what they'll be making anyway. This will be the third highest margin vehicle, so if they are going for most money from early buyers, it's logical that's next. They will probably open orders for all non-FS AWD and CB together, but the AWD won't come off the line until all the CB demand is filled. I'll guess there's enough non-FS CB orders to get through 2024, then in early-mid 2025 they start filling AWD. The first RWD will ship in Dec25, so Tesla can say they met the RWD target.

This is the same thing they did with Model 3 and Model Y when there was limited supply. Want your car in a month? Get performance. Want the AWD, you're behind everyone who pays for the performance. In the CT case, that's the CB.
Getting the trucks and opening the configurator are two very different things. Tesla could finish up taking FS orders this month and then open the configurator for nonFS trucks. They would likely just have a later est delivery timeline.

So even if they do focus on FS CB, they could be taking non-fs orders.

My big thing is, I just want a timeline of when I can expect my truck lol. So I can stop obsessing

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
Getting the trucks and opening the configurator are two very different things. Tesla could finish up taking FS orders this month and then open the configurator for nonFS trucks. They would likely just have a later est delivery timeline.

So even if they do focus on FS CB, they could be taking non-fs orders.

My big thing is, I just want a timeline of when I can expect my truck lol. So I can stop obsessing
[Your estimated delivery window is: July 2024-August 2037]

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
Very helpful lol
Believe me I am in the same boat, after waiting 4 years and having a day 2 reservation would be REALLY nice to know what quarter, or YEAR I can expect to take delivery.
But with this FS line cutting, slow production ramp, etc really no clue.

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
If this is the earliest non-FS then configurator opens maybe September?

I converted my FS AWD to non-FS AWD via Tesla app chat before VIN was assigned. New ETA Oct. 31, 2024

Full timeline
I got FW invite on Jan. 11. Got excited, ordered FS AWD next day.

Got hit with buyer remorse and after reading this tread decided to wait and see.
On Friday, Jan. 19, got invite to "Complete Pre-Delivery tasks" and I asked via chat to downgrade.
Today, Jan. 22 - I completed tasks: provided driver license, declined trade-in, specified payment. About an hour later I got chat message that my FS order was changed to "Standard AWD". I asked to confirm that I am not losing my place in RN line and got confirmation that downgrade ".. will not cancel your order and once AWD is available for configuration you will still be able to configure the AWD"

Later I went to Cybertruck - Pre-delivery tasks and under "Schedule" tab it shows
"Your delivery is on hold
Earliest Delivery
10/31/24"

screenshots below:

FS2StandardAWD1.jpg

FS2StandardAWD2.jpg

FS2StandardAWD3.jpg

FS2StandardAWD4.jpg

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Not looking good for the march votes! Anyone want to change their guess? Lol

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
looking like march?? fingers crossed

Chris9702L

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda ridgeline
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
Good news guys, I finally broke down and ordered a Foundation series. So with my luck they should be opening the non-Foundation series anytime now (at which point I will cry).

Cyber Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne, Awaiting Cyberbeast
Country flag

I agree! I asked Tesla to switch my reservation from FS CB to regular CB. They put the hold for only couple of months instead of 6 or 8 months. This tells me they will switch to CBs after AWD FS and get through most of the regular CB orders before switching to AWD, or at least pump out more CBs than AWDs to make higher margins to scale production.
Sponsored

Last edited: