SlegMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus
Occupation
Physical therapy
Country flag
Same actually@OP, I’m ~2yrs from start. But I call it the sweet spot, where more tech options will be available. That’s what I keep telling myself.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I’ll be interested to see how this forum changes after we have members who actually own a CT. It looks like I’ll be watching a long time before I’m a real owner.
It wont.

Someone will say :
"I drove my Cybertruck 100 miles and it only used 25% charge"

And someone will answer :
"No you didn't."

:D

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I’ll be interested to see how this forum changes after we have members who actually own a CT. It looks like I’ll be watching a long time before I’m a real owner.
after the specs are released, all the ‘mystery’ will shift to order of opening tranches for orders, time between order and delivery depending on options, location, etc.
On the sister Lightning forum, the @Administrator s started and maintained a pretty thorough xcel tracking all this data, and it was pretty interesting / helpful. A member started ‘build week’ treads for folks who got build notices in a given week, so that as a group they could track how others in their cohort were faring with in terms of completion and delivery stats. Overarching themes were picked out and monitored, like how selecting certain options may delay build or delivery timing expectations, etc.

Wondering if @Administrator s for this nook will be doing same?

Welcome to the F-150 Lightning Submitted Orders List!

This list is for SUBMITTED ORDERS ONLY (for the Reservations Tracking List, CLICK HERE).

1. Please use the Order Submission Form to add yourself to the list.
2. Post a reply in this thread to let us know.
3. Once your submission is approved it will show up in the list.
4. Be sure to check out the STATS sheet below for detailed infographics.
5. Use the Change Request Form for any changes to your order info.

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
It depends what the price is. If it comes in at 98 k for the tri-motor like some posts are saying, I bet the demand will shrink from 1-2 million reservations to less than 100 k sold (ask Rivian and Hummer)

SoCalSteve

First Name
SoCalSteve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Exige, Mark VIII, Countryman, Rune, X (Ultra Red)
Occupation
Industrial & Systems Engineer
Country flag
Same actually@OP, I’m ~2yrs from start. But I call it the sweet spot, where more tech options will be available. That’s what I keep telling myself.
I think the CT pricing goal was to rival traditional truck sales, not compete with the likes of Rivian.

Then again, we saw a $9k jump on the X, an $11k jump on the 3, and an $8k jump on the Y when they were finally launched. So, a $10k jump on the base model CT wouldn't be outside the Teslas SOP.

The single motor has been eliminated, meaning the $50k dual is the base variant. Elon has said that the Cybertruck will likely cost more than initially planned due to rising costs of raw materials and components. The question is, does $10k cover that increase?

The Model 3 had approximately 20% of the buyers cancel their order. After four years and likely >$10k jump in price, I'd expect a larger number of cancelations. Couple that with the tri-motor being the launch version (assuming that's what you ordered), and you may see your number pop up much sooner than you expected.

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’m sure they won’t mind forum members just popping in while they happen to be passing, even from overseas.
Sponsored