Roof marker light

Zabhawkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Nissan Frontier, 2015 F-150, 1984 Jeep CJ7
Country flag
So I have been hearing all kinds of reasons the Cybertruck requires the roof marker lights, typically if it's over 80 inches wide. But that left me confused because there are several vehicles wider than 80 inches that don't have them. No one linked to the actual rules and left stuff out.

It turns out that is if it's over 80 inches, and a gvwr over 10,000lbs

https://www.ecfr.gov/current/title-...ubchapter-B/part-393/subpart-B/section-393.11
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Ahh, yes, I had looked that up.

Thank you for sharing. Although they don't specify the markers have to be on the roof, just up, hence putting them in the light-bar on the hood. And the two corner lights only have to be at the corner of the cab, not actually on whatever flares out to the width, weirdly. I guess regulators never thought the cab would be narrower than the fenders?

-Crissa

OP
OP
Zabhawkin

Zabhawkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Nissan Frontier, 2015 F-150, 1984 Jeep CJ7
Country flag
All 5 of the yellow marker lights are in the roof bar, in the back they are at the top of the tailgate and just below it.

The 3 toward the center are the identification lamps (I'm a big heavy vehicle) the two at the edges are the clearance lamps and are "one on each side to indicate overall width, and as high as practiceable.

if you scroll down toward the bottom of the page it gives example illustrations.

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
You could make them vortex generators to improve laminar flow over the peek of the roof.
Sponsored