Hoppi

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck tri-motor
Country flag
So I was wondering... Once FSD has been released and is usable, could we get a "valet" feature? I'd like to be able to drive right up to the front of a restaurant, concert hall, school function, etc to be let out like a VIP. Then tell the CT to go park till I summon it back. At which point, the CT will go find parking or "drive around" a bit till parking is available. Once the event I'm at is over I would then summon back the CT and it would once again drive up to the front and pick me up.

One problem I see here is that if the CT is looking for on-street parking, it would need to know the rules as to where it would be allowed to park. And if only paid parking was available, would it need to just drive around till I returned? Or could it somehow pay for public parking?
Sponsored

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
So I was wondering... Once FSD has been released and is usable, could we get a "valet" feature? I'd like to be able to drive right up to the front of a restaurant, concert hall, school function, etc to be let out like a VIP. Then tell the CT to go park till I summon it back. At which point, the CT will go find parking or "drive around" a bit till parking is available. Once the event I'm at is over I would then summon back the CT and it would once again drive up to the front and pick me up.

One problem I see here is that if the CT is looking for on-street parking, it would need to know the rules as to where it would be allowed to park. And if only paid parking was available, would it need to just drive around till I returned? Or could it somehow pay for public parking?
From what I have read in the past the FSD would have just that ability for self parking however, the pay for parking information was never detailed. Aside from road congestion, I may be okay with the Cybertruck roaming around checking out the sites as I attend my event. In some cities that would be safer than leaving the car in a parking lot or street parking.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Aside from road congestion, I may be okay with the Cybertruck roaming around checking out the sites as I attend my event. In some cities that would be safer than leaving the car in a parking lot or street parking.
Yeah, that would incur a 'no cruising' citation in most California cities. Leave it to Boomers to ban what they made famous ^-^

But that is the dream of FSD. You enter the parking space or lot on your cell phone and it takes care of itself.

-Crissa

lqdchkn

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
Use key words : "Auto Summon" and google ;)

OP
OP
Hoppi

Hoppi

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck tri-motor
Country flag
Yeah, that would incur a 'no cruising' citation in most California cities. Leave it to Boomers to ban what they made famous ^-^
lol
Yes it could if the FSD knew enough to get pulled over. Recently there was a news story of someone asleep in a Tesla fully reclined speeding down the highway at 100 mph. Cops tried to pull him over but couldn’t. He finally woke up and pulled over. I’m thinking that cops are going to insist that FSD have a pull over feature.

To avoid the cruising citation, you could tell FSD to be back in 1 hour. Then FSD would drive half that time toward a destination, turn around and come back.

And yes, entitled boomers... Humans be very inconsistent like that.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I’m thinking that cops are going to insist that FSD have a pull over feature.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure yielding to signals will have to be part of FSD, that's not part of Autopilot (since the latter expects there to be a human pilot!)

-Crissa
Sponsored