Kristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado 2002 HD 6.6Diesel
Occupation
Truck driver
Country flag
My Silverado is 210cm x 585 cm and fits fine in Norway, the cybertruck is only 2cm (about 1 inch) longer. If I was in the market for something smaller I wouldn't need a truck then would I?! Does anyone have any information about this?
Sponsored

Garden_Aum

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius Prime, Nissan Leaf, Tri Motor Cyber Truck
Occupation
Researcher
Country flag
My Silverado is 210cm x 585 cm and fits fine in Norway, the cybertruck is only 2cm (about 1 inch) longer. If I was in the market for something smaller I wouldn't need a truck then would I?! Does anyone have any information about this?
There was talk about a follow-on to the cybertruck that would be smaller, but no other details have been provided. I imagine it would be the equivalent of a Ford Ranger. My best guess is we will have to wait until GigaBerlin and Texas are at full capacity before anything like that will be considered.

CybertronUK

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara, Hulux Invincible
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
There was talk about a follow-on to the cybertruck that would be smaller, but no other details have been provided. I imagine it would be the equivalent of a Ford Ranger. My best guess is we will have to wait until GigaBerlin and Texas are at full capacity before anything like that will be considered.

I think this is looking very likely and not as iconic to comply with European crash test requirements.

From about 15 mins Elon talks about not selling Cybertruck in Europe
https://soundcloud.com/search?q=Automotive news Elon Musk part 2

Disappointing to say the least!

Instead of 4 to 5 years we are probably looking at a lot longer. Even then a watered down version.
I doubt wether Brexit will have any bearing either, as it doesn't make sense to have different crash test requirements.

I guess we could look at importing individually like the F150 you see occasionally over here but I haven't looked into this.
Anyone have any experience of American imports?

OP
OP
Kriber01

Kriber01

First Name
Kristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Truck driver
Country flag
It's similar rules in the us, it would have to be registered as light truck /c1 anyway. And that class of vehicle don't have as strict requirements. But I'll guess we'll see in a couple of years..

cybrnick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CYBRTRCK
Country flag
Extremely disappointing if Tesla decides to make the cybertruck just for the north american market and not make it compliant with the EU market.
The cybertruck is NOT to big for all European roads. not all Europeans live in old towns with narrow streets.
Some will love the original cybertruck and some would like a smaller one, I guess that's true for both Europeans and Americans.
Make the cybertruck for all markets and if you want to make a smaller truck make that for all markets to.

To not make the cybertruck available for the European market would be a mistake that would make many extremely disappointed :cry:

CybertronUK

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara, Hulux Invincible
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Extremely disappointing if Tesla decides to make the cybertruck just for the north american market and not make it compliant with the EU market.
The cybertruck is NOT to big for all European roads. not all Europeans live in old towns with narrow streets.
Some will love the original cybertruck and some would like a smaller one, I guess that's true for both Europeans and Americans.
Make the cybertruck for all markets and if you want to make a smaller truck make that for all markets to.

To not make the cybertruck available for the European market would be a mistake that would make many extremely disappointed :cry:
If we don’t get the Cybertruck what’s the alternative.
Rivian, Ford, Lordstown all seem to be for the US too and will have no support in Europe. Certainly years from production.
Any suggestions ?

OP
OP
Kriber01

Kriber01

First Name
Kristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Truck driver
Country flag

cybrnick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CYBRTRCK
Country flag
Rivian, Ford, Lordstown all seem to be for the US too and will have no support in Europe. Certainly years from production.
Any suggestions ?
Well since we "ALL" Europeans live in tiny cities with narrow road the only option I found that will fit is this, the Honda N-Truck
Tesla Cybertruck Smaller size outside US? Honda n-truck

cybrnick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CYBRTRCK
Country flag
Any suggestions ?
According to WhatCar.com Rivian will come to Europe.
"US sales are the first goal for Rivian, but it plans for a European launch within 12 months, including in the UK in right-hand drive."

https://www.whatcar.com/news/2021-rivian-r1s-–-price-specs-and-release-date/n18346

christianUK

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck on order, 2017 Mustang, 2006 Range Rover
Country flag
I posted this in another thread but this disclaimer doesn't look promising for Europe: "*All configurations are US specification only. Global specifications will be developed at a later date based on demand."

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I posted this in another thread but this disclaimer doesn't look promising for Europe: "*All configurations are US specification only. Global specifications will be developed at a later date based on demand."
That's the same disclaimer on all Tesla vehicle pre-sales, isn't it?

-Crissa
Sponsored