Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Assuming it has a 300 mile range, I’d pay $40k for this.

Of course it likely costs $150k, has shit range, or both.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
You'd want to ride 300 miles in that? O-o

You'd be like my dad, commuting to Portland from Gold Beach in a convertible Ghia. And not the one with the bigger engine!

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
You'd want to ride 300 miles in that? O-o

You'd be like my dad, commuting to Portland from Gold Beach in a convertible Ghia. And not the one with the bigger engine!

-Crissa
I’d want to be able to go to Florence, play on the dunes, and get home. Right now there is no charging station in Florence so… yeah 300 miles. There are also some fun off-roading places near Oakridge and I think some near Bend.

Considering how unreliable non-Tesla charging stations are, I’d want a huge buffer.

Alternative is to trailer it which I’m not keen on.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Yeah, nearly got splattered by some guy's lost toy hauler coming home through Dune City week before last. Like, just because you're the only thing on the road doesn't mean you're really the only thing on the road. I literally just drove that path, and you're right, it threads between the super chargers. They need one at Reedsport.

Florence has some AC chargers, you could eat at Mo's. Or take 42, and charge in Coos Bay. The dunes are nice down there, too.

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Usually when I go to the coast it’s a near thing and an L2 is enough. We were able to hit a hotel near downtown last time.

Problem is L2 chargers are pretty unreliable. When I was staying in Yuchats a few months ago I managed to hunt down 3 dead ones. Fortunately I found a newer fee based L2 in Newport last time I was there at a brew pub. Hopefully that one will make enough money they keep it up.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I have a bug sitting in the shed to do just this too. But you know, time is the constraint. Already took off the body and made a custom frame but getting a good selection of motors, controllers and batteries is a bit of a moving target atm.

I really like the look of this one, but for the price I'd probably prefer the Brawley, even though that is not road legal atm. Drivetrain configuration of the Brawley is best I have seen, all inboard motors and brakes etc, and super long driveshaft and suspension arms for best off road performance in a small package.
Sponsored